cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/31/2020 10:15 pm  #1

Potato Patahto

Potatoes are good food but kind of boring so we have to build mountains for the gravy lava to volcano-ize,
or saturated with enough grease to keep America's railroads rolling.
We've painted ourselves into this corner by eliminating all but one or two varieties.
Mickey D's has narrowed all their purchases down to one type grown in one type of soil.
This is what they grow in South America.

Anything they can do, we can do more gooder, 'cause we got exceptionalism.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/01/2020 7:52 am  #2

Re: Potato Patahto

Garden potatoes taste so much better but I'm kinda off potatoes. We're grown purple Peruvians a few times they look really cool fried up.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/01/2020 8:13 am  #3

But frying makes them bad for you.  Suicide by potato.

11/01/2020 2:43 pm  #4

Damn a tater.

I can't have potatoes, therefor, they don't exist.

11/02/2020 4:36 am  #5

I think someone has led you astray on dietary restrictions. There is nothing you can't have, there are many things you should limit to monitored amounts.

11/02/2020 8:11 am  #6

Unfortunately, Type II diabetes isn't like Type I: with Type I, you can always inject more insulin to counteract what you've unwisely eaten. With Type II, your body stops RESPONDING to insulin, meaning there will come a point, if it progresses too far, where even a moderate, monitored amount of carbs will kill you. Grav really can't eat some things anymore.

11/03/2020 2:44 pm  #7

I have type II. It got to where the Metformin and Insulin wouldn't do it so Dulaglutide was added.
One shot a week at $200 a shot. I'm sure the high price is partially the delivery system that's close to idiot proof.
Just pull the combination cap/plug off the end, turn the top from red to green,  place against the skin and push the button.
It will push the needle out far enough to penetrate, inject the fluid, and retract the needle a safe distance inside,  then throw it away. 
Of course being me I had to take one apart to see how it worked. That can not be done without destroying it. 

Also, each package of 4 shots contains paperwork.
Instructions is  4¼ x 38½ inches, printed on both sides.
Medication Guide is 13 x 31 inches, printed on both sides in what looks like type no bigger than 10.

11/03/2020 3:25 pm  #8

A couple years ago I took a wilderness first aid course, and they showed us how to get an additional dose out of an Epipen by doing what you did here.  When you completely disassemble it, you find that there is a small amount of remaining fluid in the syringe and you can squeeze out the dregs of one last dose.  For emergency backcountry situations only, obviously, where medical care is hours away and death is gonna happen for sure if you don't do a sketchy MacGyver move.

11/04/2020 2:54 am  #9

That's good to know, if you need that juice even a tiny bit may make a difference.

Board footera