cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2024 10:38 pm  #126

Re: Notable Women

Jeanne Holm was the first woman general officer in Air Force history, promoted to brigadier general in July 1971. She enlisted in the Army in World War II, serving as a truck driver. Recalled to active duty during the Berlin Airlift, she was commissioned in the newly created Air Force. She was the first woman in any service to be promoted to major general in 1973.
Started as a WWII truck driver. Queen Elizabeth II was a truck mechanic during that war, must be a good starting point.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/23/2024 8:37 am  #127

My Dad's Uncles were truckers (horsies) in the Great War. They came home and became truckers.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/29/2024 2:06 am  #128

When I look at the picture of Dr Baker I see an aggressive woman who knows her shit, knows she knows her shit, and lets people know she knows her shit.
After reading about her accomplishments I sure of my impression.
I've met people like her, and while they can be abrasive, working for them is great.

4/09/2024 12:54 am  #129

I saw pictures of her in "the golden years" and she is one of those women that's pretty
no matter how many scars and wrinkles they accumulate.

4/09/2024 7:32 am  #130

In traditional Polish names, the male version ends in -i and the female version ends in -a. So a father named Pilsudski would have sons named Pilsudski and daughters named Pilsudska.

Board footera