cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2021 2:43 pm  #226

Re: The Covid

I have no problem poking holes in unworkable theory.

Yeah, you haven't.

I have not, as yet, insulted you personally.

Yeah, you have.

Seems to me: we'll just have to agree to disagree.

4/15/2021 2:50 pm  #227

henry_quirk wrote:

I have no problem poking holes in unworkable theory.

Yeah, you haven't.

I have not, as yet, insulted you personally.

Yeah, you have.

Seems to me: we'll just have to agree to disagree.

If I insult you, you will know it.

Weaponized Funk

4/15/2021 3:47 pm  #228

Already do.

Unimpressive.

4/19/2021 9:22 am  #229

As an aside, got the 2nd Moderna shot on Thursday.  Spent Friday and Saturday wishing I was dead, but back to normal now.

And if that's just the antibody response, I'd hate to have had the real thing.

Weaponized Funk

4/19/2021 9:25 am  #230

henry_quirk wrote:

Already do.

Unimpressive.

Okay, if that's the way you want it.

Weaponized Funk

4/19/2021 10:49 am  #231

Luce wrote:

As an aside, got the 2nd Moderna shot on Thursday.  Spent Friday and Saturday wishing I was dead, but back to normal now.

I've heard the shot Moderna has the harshest reaction.  I wonder if that means it's doing a better job?

It's a purely academic question, because we have little choice in the matter.

4/19/2021 10:58 am  #232

glatt wrote:

Luce wrote:

I've heard the shot Moderna has the harshest reaction.  I wonder if that means it's doing a better job?

It's a purely academic question, because we have little choice in the matter.

No clue.  Pfizer and Moderna seem to be almost identical in effect and side effects.

Weaponized Funk

4/22/2021 6:23 pm  #233

I got my second helping of the Moderna vaccine yesterday.  My arm is quite sore today around the injection site, like a serious bruise.  I'm running at about 75% today, though I still rode my bike to work and back.  I must not be too disabled.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/23/2021 7:09 am  #234

I don't know how good the actual numbers are  but that trend...

I guess we know what to do with the vaccines meant for our refusniks.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/23/2021 8:52 am  #235

Yeah, India's in kind of a mess.  It's making sending them legal documents to sign and get notarized a real issue.

4/23/2021 9:41 pm  #236

Most everyone I know, who had Moderna, Pzier, and J&J, had only minor to no after affects.  Apparently my immune system is quite robust.  I had a sharp fever and headache after the second dose.  Was totally fine (actually quite full of energy) that next day.

Those after affects are irrelevant.  Since the purpose of that vaccine is primarily to protect the Constitutional Rights of all others.  Especially doctors and nurses.  Only extremists (and adults who are still children) deny reality.

4/27/2021 7:54 pm  #237

I read this morning they've added gum disease to the list of after effects of having a serious case of Covid 19. Not everyone suffers everything on the list but it's getting pretty long.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/04/2021 6:09 am  #238

A guy I grew up with is in the hospital with COVID. His immune system is compromised from fighting some kind of rare blood cancer which kept coming back so his doctor said not to risk the vaccine. He wasn't doing his road rep job because of the virus but he was still doing his township and school bus contract work. Pete had gotten his parents vaccinated but his bubble was not complete. I initially thought it was a shame that it happened this late in the pandemic but really the virus is going to keep going out here. We'll get a Summer respite but there will be no herd immunity because of our broken politics.

They're saying his oxygen levels are pretty low, this would be a shitty way to go especially after kicking cancer's ass. I was suggesting to Pete pre-vax that I might resist ventilation, she didn't really want to hear that. /rambling

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/04/2021 8:50 am  #239

Well, that sucks. I'm sorry about your friend.

5/04/2021 1:15 pm  #240

Sorry, Griff. Hope he pulls through.

5/04/2021 6:46 pm  #241

Sorry Griff.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/04/2021 9:40 pm  #242

Bummer, but I still don't want to pay people to get the shots. If they're that stupid fuck 'em, let 'em die out, hopefully before they infect someone who is immune compromised and can't do the shots.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/05/2021 5:44 am  #243

Thanks guys.

5/05/2021 11:09 am  #244

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Bummer, but I still don't want to pay people to get the shots. If they're that stupid fuck 'em, let 'em die out, hopefully before they infect someone who is immune compromised and can't do the shots.

Yep

5/05/2021 8:15 pm  #245

One gets the vaccine to protect the Constitutional Rights of everyone else.  Somehow extremist only care about their own Constitutional Rights.  Everyone else be damned.

5/09/2021 6:31 am  #246

He's in a medically induced coma, I didn't get that information before. The guy who told me seemed overly optimistic.

I'm wondering how far off the rural death count is. When they picked up my uncle's body the coroner asked a fireman by phone, "What's it look like?" "Heart attack." Over and done.

5/09/2021 8:40 pm  #247

griff wrote:

I'm wondering how far off the rural death count is. When they picked up my uncle's body the coroner asked a fireman by phone, "What's it look like?" "Heart attack." Over and done.

Yeah. I don't give causes of death in old sick people much weight.  My cousin who died of dementia had his cause of death listed as pulmonary arrest.  Sounds fancy.  It means he stopped breathing.  Duh. You could say he died of starvation, but that makes the healthcare facility look negligent.  He stopped eating because he wanted to die.  He wanted to die because he had dementia.  But it's true.  The last thing that happened was he stopped breathing. Put that in the paperwork.

5/10/2021 5:53 am  #248

Which is fine really, unless you have a public health system looking for good numbers on dementia or poor care. Of course that opens a whole can of worms about end of life care which we are not sophisticated enough to handle apparently.

5/10/2021 11:00 am  #249

Why does it seem that the general feeling in the US is "Whew. I am sure glad that this is over?"
Last week we had 4,700 deaths from Covid from 285,000 new cases.
Almost 700 a day!
This is a pace for about 250,000 a year.  Over?

5/10/2021 11:10 am  #250

Is that a rhetorical question?

I'm vaccinated and just have 10 more days until it's in full force.  I know I feel like it's almost over.

I know there are real people behind those numbers, but if I don't have to worry about myself or my vaccinated loved ones, then I feel like it's basically over for me. 

In my mind, it's soon joining the ranks of things like tornados in the Midwest, wildfires in California, rapidly depleting aquifers in the Southwest, and other problems that are bad but have little impact on me directly.

Board footera