cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2022 4:26 am  #276

Re: The Covid

These vaccines using a mrna based method because they can be developed in a fraction of the time, have proven to be a giant cash stream for Big Pharma.
They can and have done a great job in taking some pressure off hospitals but it's like having a life preserver you have to keep blowing up. 
The good news is the US Army has been working on a vaccine the old fashion way to create a vaccine that provides immunity to all the SARS viruses including Covid.
The preliminary trials look good and they are just starting the full scales trials. We could see a real immunization vaccine in another year. Of course true to form the vaccine developed by the Army on your tax dime will be handed over to one or more drug.companies to make and sell back to us.
Also, like every vaccine it will work as desired for 99% of the people but as always there will be exceptions for Qanon and FOX to distort with their bullshit.
But if we have a genuine permanent protection juice and people refuse it, fuck 'em, let 'em die, makes social security stronger.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/04/2022 8:30 am  #277

The amount of viral genetic material goes down faster in vaccinated people. Variants occur through replication, less replication means fewer variants. Get vaccinated and mask up.
* unlike Jordan Peterson I do not play a doctor on YouTube, so I'll just follow CDC guidelines for the time being.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/04/2022 3:35 pm  #278

I would guess it's nothing personal. The pandemic hit all of our radars packaged with a blast of popular theories, e.g. it doesn't exist, it's a Chinese bio-weapon, it's just like the regular flu, the lizard people are using bamboo counterfeit ballots to elect a clone of Joe Biden so that Bill Gates can implant tracking microchips in Americans via an autism-causing vaccine to treat a Chinese bio-weapon that doesn't exist. There's been a horrible signal-to-noise ratio on this whole thing, and we're all so very tired and stressed out, we just want people to wear the damn masks and get vaccinated since that seems to be what we're supposed to be doing. And if it's not, if that's wrong then at least we tried our best and eventually science will correct it's course, but that's not going to be because Joe Rogan.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/04/2022 6:14 pm  #279

Fair enough, maybe that was a bad example. I don't really follow things, I just have a vague recollection of hearing his name in reference to this.

I believe you, that the signal is getting things wrong, in hindsight. I think that they're probably doing their best with what they know at the moment. When science is working, they should be able to change their position based on new information. But when they get new information and change their position, people say they "keep getting things wrong."

Science can't work if they can never get things wrong. Society is going to collapse if the official channels are the enemy of the people who must get every position correct 100% of the time, and the opposition is telling people to take horse de-wormer.

2/04/2022 7:44 pm  #280

I'd guess we call it horse de-wormer because it's an antiparasitic drug, and it seems like that would work completely different than an antiviral drug.

Also for the comedy value. Reality has started to produce more outrageous material than even our best satirical comedians can come up with, and I guess we'd rather laugh than cry about how anti-science sentiment has grown from harmless flat-earthy nonsense to the president musing out loud about whether we should spray Formula 409 down into out lungs "almost like a cleaning"

2/04/2022 8:02 pm  #281

Oh, okay. We're not giving it to people at my hospital. I'm not a doctor, I leave it to the experts.

2/06/2022 9:40 am  #282

Undertoad wrote:

But it's been proven to have an antiviral effect.

Only on extremist web sites.  Since you are making claims not based in science  or logic (justified only by emotions), then those claims are banned where a snippet of honesty must exist.

Amazing how any drug, with an anti-viral effect, also cured AIDS.  We don't need no stink'n doctors.  We have extremism to order us what to know.

Last edited by tw (2/06/2022 9:41 am)

2/07/2022 8:11 am  #283

Undertoad wrote:

"signal" is what's coming from official channels

Accepting that on faith is the opposite of science. When Rogan has actual scientists on, and merely speaks with them, and they question things -- that's the filthy process of science. That's how science actually corrects itself. Shut it up, it won't correct. We'll just have the official channels.

And then we're fucked. The signal keeps getting things wrong. The signal told us the vaccinated won't be infected and can't transmit. Oh shit, turns out they can. The signal told us herd immunity was 65%, then 75%, now oh shit, turns out there is no herd immunity. The signal told us masks don't work; then said they do work; now it says cloth doesn't actually cut it. The signal hates this graph.

This all comes back to who's flawed response we want to follow.  We've gotten to the point where contempt for government officials will trigger half the population to engage in behaviors which fill hospitals. As I understand it, the CDC accepts the idea that we will get a broader immune response from acquiring the current variant, but right now they don't want to fill hospitals with the unvaccinated. Once we get the hospital beds we're all on the same side, except the folks with serious health issues. I have found that obsessively seeking the counter narrative is actually really bad for my mental health and arguably really bad for the Republic but that's another thread altogether.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/07/2022 12:24 pm  #284

UT, I'm grateful that you are sharing your perspective here.  I'm not doing my own homework, and I appreciate it that you are doing yours and giving caveats on the reliability of the information you do provide.  I've been on team mask and vaccine all along, but there have been enough times when I have seen little bits of bad information put out there that I take most stuff with a grain of salt.

I've been saying to the people around me since the beginning of this thing that I am so glad that I am not a decisionmaker, because the correct path is not at all clear.

2/07/2022 3:46 pm  #285

I'm glad you're sharing it here, in a reasonable fashion.

This is a better source of information than "angry man yelling at cashier"

Society probably needs something other than these two options.

2/08/2022 7:13 am  #286

Sorry if I'm prickly. The guardian of one of my more involved kids is struggling with the virus right now. The guardian has a bunch of preexisting conditions including continuous Fox viewership. Nonetheless a likable solid person taking care of an at risk child. I recognize there is a difference between what you are doing and the "do your own research" folks who are definitely not. You've stuck with the science. I'm embarrassed to realize I feel like pushing back on news I've been expecting and waiting for.

2/08/2022 12:35 pm  #287

Undertoad wrote:

i've made about 100 posts about Omicron on another forum for the last three months

y'all always give me such a load of shit that it wasn't worth posting it here

Well, it has to be said:  Thanks.

2/08/2022 4:12 pm  #288

Well, thanks again.

2/08/2022 5:59 pm  #289

I am sorry I ever posted here.

2/08/2022 9:30 pm  #290

Undertoad wrote:

the Fox people are, shall we say, less misinformed about some aspects of this 

Purpose of Fox News was clearly stated when created.  To make sure what happened to Nixon did not happen again.  In short, to tell right wing extremists what to believe.

Proving that Saddam had WMDs.  Proving that people in the SuperDome and Convention center in New Orleans had plenty of water and food for three days.  An aircraft carrier tried to send food and doctors up the Mississippi River to provide assistance, were ordered back, and never reported by Fox News.  Because according to Fox, Brownie was doing a great job.

Trump could lie repeatedly and not be called out for his lies on Fox.  So he only went on Fox.  Purpose of Fox News is to find the exception (ie that Israeli study) and report only it.  Forgetting to mention that it was never peer reviewed and that no responsible source confirmed those conclusions.

Fox praised Nazis, White Supremacists, and KKK marchers in Charlottesville.  Clearly they were good people.  Fox told us.

You know Fox is honest.  While most other sources (that hold their reporters to confirm stories) are saying something different.  Proving only Fox News is honest.   And mainstream media always lies.  UT said so.  It must be true.

Just like Pravda, its purpose is to brainwash the most naive.  Even disparages the bourgeois and intelligentsia who know vaccines are essential.  To empower the central committee of right pundits.

After all, Nixon was a great man according to a founding purpose of Fox News.  And rioters on 6 Jan were all peaceful patriots.  Fox said so.  UT agrees.  It must be true.

2/08/2022 9:49 pm  #291

Undertoad wrote:

Half of all colds in the last two months were actually Omicron.

UT said so.  Fox News (using no science) said so.  It must be true.

UT also said Saddam clearly had WMDs even after George Jr clearly said he did not.  It must be true.  UT never admitted he and Fox were that massively wrong.  Clearly those WMDs are still waiting to be discovered.

2/08/2022 10:01 pm  #292

Fox News cited an only source that proved not being vaccinated  and getting Covid infected was 13 times safer than getting a vaccine.  It must be true.  UT said so.

In Brazil, where few are vaccinated, their death rate is 300 per 100,000.  Only in the Balkans (where vaccinations are also rare) are death numbers higher.  As high as 427 per 100,000.

Meanwhile, in Australia, where most everyone has two doses, their death rate is 17 per 100,000.  Notice why UT does not cite numbers.  In Norway, where a percentage of vaccinated is also quite high, their number is 27 per 100,000.

Numbers say "not being vaccinated" means one is ten times more likely to die - from a virus that, according to Fox,  is no different than any other flu.  It must be true. 

UT told us that not being vaccinated is 13 times safer.  Fox News cited the rare study that proves it.  Saddam again has WMDs.

According to UT, subjective and bogus claims from Fox News, invented to promote a right wing extremist agenda, are honest.  All other sources lie.  Because Saddam really did have WMDs.

Insulting others with Fox News and Trump lies is demeaning.  And is what has changed in UT from what he was more than 20 years ago.  Brainwashed.  He even said the CDC lies.  Fox said so.  It must be true.

Last edited by tw (2/08/2022 10:04 pm)

2/09/2022 12:47 am  #293

Ivermectin. I read back in the beginning that it was effective but only if given in the first 3 or 4 days after infection and most people don't know they've been infected that soon.

The statement that they only care about people with insurance is grossly untrue, I got my shots free and so did everyone else in the thousands that went to Upper Darby High School weekend shot clinics.  I even offered my insurance card and they declined. I don't know anyone who had to pay.

The newest variant after Omicron that has shown up in India, Denmark, and Britain, I haven't heard a name yet, is extremely contagious and annoying... it plays the accordian.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/09/2022 6:56 am  #294

Undertoad wrote:

i've made about 100 posts about Omicron on another forum for the last three months

y'all always give me such a load of shit that it wasn't worth posting it here

Maybe we're just not the audience you're being paid to gain and we prefer you keep it real here.

2/09/2022 10:41 am  #295

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Ivermectin. I read back in the beginning that it was effective but only if given in the first 3 or 4 days after infection

Ivermectin is promoted by extremists who know how to enrich themselves by lying.  No different then the scam doctor who claimed autism was causes why vaccines.  And therefore promoted by a blond bimbo Hollywood actress whose education was only high school.

Not only is the scam profitable.  But what extremists ignore are the so many also lost medical licenses for promoting scams.  Discussed here.

UT will call it all lies.  Because it exposes lies promoted by Fox News and other extremists.  UT only believes the few who make money by manipulating him with lies.

Routine is for the scientifically naive to swear by miracle drugs on GNC shelves.  When the NY Attorney General proved that well over 90% do not even contain what is claimed on its label.  GNC also knows who are the most easily conned by subjective lies.  They are not moderates.

Same easily scammed people here also mocked the IPCC report that made obvious global warming and the reasons why it is happening. By saying why using facts from science - with numbers. Numbers that are proving, in some cases, to be too conservative. (Go figure.)  Same propaganda techniques that deny that science also proved that Jews were vermon.  Extremists know who to target their lies to.

UT will go running to right wing extremist discussion boards where people will not demand he post facts that say why with numbers.  Then he need not admit that Saddam did not have WMDs - because Fox News lied.  One is suppose to learn from his mistakes.

Posted in the old Cellar were numerous 20 paragraph posts that said why Saddam did not have WMDs - with numbers.  But facts and numbers from mainstream media are always lies.  UT said so.  It must be true.

The most naive refuse to learn that extremists, who brainwash with propaganda lies, are not moderates - are not patriots.  Extremist lies killed 5,000 American servicemen for no purpose.  Extremists will not even apologize for those lies.  Why should anyone believe their lies about  Ivermectin?

It is called "Not learning from your mistakes".

In his video, Bergquam thanked the doctors repeatedly for prescribing him ivermectin. In doing so, he revealed the name of the licensed doctor writing the prescription: Kathleen Ann Cullen.

Cullen, 54, is based out of Florida and has a troubling professional history. She spent most of last year under investigation by the State of Alabama, which eventually revoked her medical license in November, two months before Berquam entered the hospital. The cause was her involvement in a separate ...

scam.

Last edited by tw (2/09/2022 10:41 am)

2/09/2022 10:44 am  #296

Undertoad wrote:

posting facts people don't like is literally keeping it real

An honest person does not routinely ignore facts with numbers that expose the one (only) recommendation from news sources that routinely lie.  By now you should have learned that Fox News was never an honest news source.  From events 20 years ago - and so many other lies promoted by Fox - including the Big Lie.

Last edited by tw (2/09/2022 10:44 am)

2/09/2022 8:13 pm  #297

it's like they always say, "carry a laser down the road that I must travel"

2/10/2022 6:46 am  #298

and always be sure to edit your posts for "fuckers"

I well know Ivermectin has a slight anti-viral effect. We both know it is ineffective in this case.

2/10/2022 6:57 am  #299

tw wrote:

1)  He must avoid the topic when facts expose urban myths.

2) He demeans.  Since that is what adults who are still children understand.  Insults.

3) Has an attention span so short as to not comprehend more than a few paragraphs or a tweet.  Therefore does not  understand why reasons why with numbers are always necessary for honesty.

I could not have described you better if I tried.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/10/2022 6:58 am  #300

Flint wrote:

it's like they always say, "carry a laser down the road that I must travel"

That was funneh.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Board footera