cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/21/2022 6:46 am  #426

Re: The Covid

I took one in each arm. The little people are swimming in RSV right now, but Covid is low in the County I serve so I don't have to mask up for work this week.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/21/2022 1:04 pm  #427

I just got Covid in one arm and flu in the other. I told them I wanted two of each, but they balked at the suggestion.

Didn't want me to become too powerful, I guess, like Larry Hagman..

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/21/2022 8:56 pm  #428

Carruthers wrote:

I had the Covid booster (Pfizer) twelve days ago and the doctor who gave me the jab impressed upon me the need to have a flu shot as well.
She said it was a particularly unpleasant variant that had done its worst in the southern hemisphere and was on its way north.
A few days later, the nurse from the local health centre came out to do Dad's flu vaccination and she gave me mine as well.
So, there I am, replete with all the defences to fend off Covid and Flu (strains, various) and I get a bloody cold!
I thought at first that it might be a reaction to the flu shot but I'm pretty sure that it's a stand alone cold.
There is all manner of preventative medicine to repel plague, pestilence and pox but still nothing that works against the common cold.

I am not amused!

This Dr prescribes booze and early bed.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/22/2022 4:48 am  #429

monster wrote:

Carruthers wrote:

I had the Covid booster (Pfizer) twelve days ago and the doctor who gave me the jab impressed upon me the need to have a flu shot as well.
She said it was a particularly unpleasant variant that had done its worst in the southern hemisphere and was on its way north.
A few days later, the nurse from the local health centre came out to do Dad's flu vaccination and she gave me mine as well.
So, there I am, replete with all the defences to fend off Covid and Flu (strains, various) and I get a bloody cold!
I thought at first that it might be a reaction to the flu shot but I'm pretty sure that it's a stand alone cold.
There is all manner of preventative medicine to repel plague, pestilence and pox but still nothing that works against the common cold.

I am not amused!

This Dr prescribes booze and early bed.

Not something I would normally admit to in polite company, but I'm teetotal. https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons3/angel.png

10/22/2022 8:48 pm  #430

then hot chocolate and early bed.

But if you're choctotal, we totally can't be friends any more ;)

Last edited by monster (10/22/2022 8:49 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/23/2022 5:36 am  #431

Team Coffee-total here.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/23/2022 10:53 pm  #432

I'm idiototal.  Thank goodness for Teh Cellar where I can bitch about them..... 

12/20/2022 3:27 pm  #433

Free COVID tests from the government are available again for mailing to you now. Order them through USPS: https://special.usps.com/testkits

Mr. S.E. Xobon.

12/20/2022 5:39 pm  #434

I ordered some.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

12/21/2022 6:54 am  #435

I'm dipping into my stockpile because of reasons... I placed my order last week.

12/21/2022 12:23 pm  #436

Do you suppose they expire?  I made a habit out of picking one from most free piles I passed.  

12/21/2022 1:18 pm  #437

Ordered. I have to test every time I call in sick to work.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

12/21/2022 4:31 pm  #438

They have expirations dates.  Whether they actually expire or not is a good question. 

People are still shooting on old Polaroid film that expired decades ago (with mixed results.)  I assume this is similar.

12/21/2022 9:13 pm  #439

COVID tests generally have a shelf life of 6 to 24 months depending on manufacturer and lot number. There are expiration dates on them; however, the FDA may have extended some of those shelf lives and expiration dates. The FDA publishes that information. An example of those tables for tests that expired earlier this month; but, were extended into next year:

https://i.postimg.cc/MpZhsrMd/Adjusted-Expiration-Dates.jpg

The FDA's comprehensive list of approved at-home tests with shelf lives, original expiration dates and extended expiration dates is here:

List of Authorized At-Home OTC COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests

For tests beyond even extended expiration dates and non-approved tests, you're on your own.

Mr. S.E. Xobon

1/13/2023 9:46 am  #440

The county I work in just dropped to from high to medium community levels. So we got that going for us.

1/14/2023 10:57 pm  #441

Yes but when you;re in the Gators jaws the statistics on how many and the odds against, don't seem relevant.https://cellar.org/images/smilies/headshake.gif

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera