cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/12/2023 1:42 am  #176

Re: Today I Learned....

Learned this factoid from my goddaughter who is in vet school: Female possums have two vaginas. Male possums have forked penises.

12/12/2023 7:18 am  #177

I went to the walk-in over the weekend for the walkin pneumonia. (sorry not sorry) I ended up getting x-rays of my lungs. Turns out we have one more lobe on the right side than the left.

*as an aside the NP and x-ray tech were really young and really competent just to counter the kids today narrative.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/12/2023 8:08 pm  #178

Pete Zicato wrote:

Learned this factoid from my goddaughter ... 

More disturbing.  Why did you ask?

12/14/2023 12:51 am  #179

tw wrote:

Pete Zicato wrote:

Learned this factoid from my goddaughter ... 

More disturbing.  Why did you ask?

She’s very proud and happy to be in vet school. She volunteered it in a family group text. She’s one of the more interesting people I know.

12/22/2023 4:58 pm  #180

TIL the band The Waitresses (one hit wonders ish) were from just down the road in Akron Ohio

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/23/2023 12:01 pm  #181

Wow forgot this one.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/23/2023 1:35 pm  #182

Man, I just heard that, like yesterday.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

12/23/2023 7:38 pm  #183

The article I learned it from was on about how it was an anti-christmas song but is now viewed nostalgically as a full-on christmas song.  I hear it in just about every store

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

Board footera