cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2021 9:56 pm  #1

Have you ever

1. cut yourself so badly you needed stitches?
2. had an ambulance ride to hospital (for yourself, not accompanying someone)?
3..broken a bone in a limb and had a cast put on it?
4. had an allergic reaction that required medical intervention?
5. received a blood transfusion
6. dislocated a joint hat required a doctor to put it back?
7. had to had a foreign body removed surgically?
8, Had a concussion?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/18/2021 10:02 pm  #2

Re: Have you ever

my score is 3

I've done the ambulance ride, and the transfusion (separate incidents) and had a cast for a greenstick fracture as a pre-teen.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/19/2021 6:05 am  #3

I've always been kinda medical avoidant but I still score 2 for concussion and cast. Hmmm... both from bikes.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/19/2021 7:09 am  #4

7/19/2021 8:53 am  #5

Nul points!
Though I have had a couple of asthma attacks so bad that I drove myself to hospital to be stabilised. Sounds dumb, but it was 2am and nothing else on the roads, and my asthma would have got worse while waiting for an ambulance while it eased slightly as I got nearer to salvation.

Living life on the edge.

7/19/2021 12:32 pm  #6

Is it multiple points if you've done them more than once?

If so, I've got 3 for stitches, plus a chunk out of my knee that had me on crutches for a few weeks and would have required stitches if there was anything left to stitch up, plus one strongly suspected but never actually confirmed concussion (still have a little bone spur from the impact 20+ years later), plus 2 "foreign bodies" (who are now 15 and 13 years old).

7/19/2021 1:27 pm  #7

Clodfobble wrote:

plus 2 "foreign bodies" (who are now 15 and 13 years old).

Hee hee

7/19/2021 4:43 pm  #8

Was cut and needed stitches, but didn't cut m'self.

Ambulance ride to hospital, x3.

Allergic reaction to bee sting as a child.

Foreign bodies, if that counts things that didn't get put there, but I wasn't born with, x3.

Concussion, most likely, undiagnosed, x2.

Is that 10?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/19/2021 5:54 pm  #9

Clod, you funny

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/20/2021 10:37 am  #10

1. cut yourself so badly you needed stitches?
    Yes. Received an almighty clout at eyebrow level when helping to shift a safe. (Don't ask).
    Four stitches and a lot of bruising. Strange how I was always served first in shops for a few weeks after that.

2. had an ambulance ride to hospital (for yourself, not accompanying someone)?
   No

3..broken a bone in a limb and had a cast put on
   No

4. had an allergic reaction that required medical intervention?
   No

5. received a blood transfusion
   No

6. dislocated a joint hat required a doctor to put it back?
   No

7. had to had a foreign body removed surgically?
   No

8, Had a concussion?
   Probably yes.I parted company with a horse at the highest point of a jump over a fence and hit terra firma with
   an almighty thump. Having worked out that I wasn't dead, I attempted to pick up my stick only to see two of
   them.

10/19/2021 5:20 pm  #11

I have had kidney stones twice and I am 26.

Board footera