cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2020 9:19 am  #1

What have you cooked recently

I whipped up a little lasagna the other day at lunch.  The perks of working from home!

Last edited by bbro (10/25/2020 9:19 am)

10/25/2020 9:21 am  #2

Re: What have you cooked recently

Yummy.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

10/26/2020 6:23 am  #3

Heck yeah!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/26/2020 1:04 pm  #4

I love how you can see the layers :-)

Here's a deal I've been doing--
1) steam corn on the cob (instant pot)
2) melt a stick of butter in a sauce pan
3) cut the corn off the cob into the melted butter
4) stir in lots of chili powder (optional-- tajin, to taste)
5) add sour cream, any white cheeses to taste

bomb dot com

Last edited by Flint (10/26/2020 1:05 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/26/2020 1:13 pm  #5

recently ... a couple weeks ago cheesy tortellini soup with collard greens from my garden (using homemade chicken stock)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/26/2020 7:54 pm  #6

I was listening to milk street radio and Chris Kimball said: "Cornbread isn't casserole" One of the few times that I've agreed with him wholeheartedly.

Tonight I made pork fried rice. It was most toothsome. I probably won't get around to posting pictures.

Hey! That's me up there!

10/27/2020 6:43 am  #7

Amen to that.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/27/2020 9:09 am  #8

so then by American definitions, is lasagna a casserole?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/27/2020 9:14 am  #9

I suppose you could make a case for lasagna being a type of casserole. The cornbread comment referred to people putting all sorts of ancillary shit into their cornbread like jalapeno peppers, cheese, bits of fresh corn, bacon... Maybe you knew that.

Hey! That's me up there!

10/29/2020 3:18 pm  #10

...No, YOU'RE eating baked beans, potato chips, and horseradish dip for the second time today.

10/29/2020 3:30 pm  #11

Today a variation on the cheesy tortellini soup with the last of the green veg from the garden (kale, collards, green beans and a few tiny bits of broccoli, this time with a homemade beef stock base.  This is probably not great for my cholesterol but..... well it was Linner so I guess I was allowed two meals' worth

10/29/2020 6:00 pm  #12

I'm making this again: https://jonesinfortaste.com/sheet-pan-kielbasa-pierogies/

I was surprised I liked it the first time I made it.  I think this is the 3rd time so far?  I want to try different vegetables, too.  Also, there's no way I use 3 tablespoons of oil!

Last edited by bbro (10/29/2020 6:12 pm)

10/30/2020 7:11 am  #13

I fucking love sheet pan dinner

Hey! That's me up there!

10/30/2020 7:45 am  #14

footfootfoot wrote:

I fucking love sheet pan dinner

If you have any good ones, I'd love to see them!!  This is the only one I make so far

10/30/2020 9:33 am  #15

This one has made it into our rotation.  It's so freaking good.  But the feta feels a little rubbery if you let it get cold, so eat it right away, and heat leftovers. We cut the feta into one inch cubes, not those slabs you see in the picture.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021277-sheet-pan-baked-feta-with-broccolini-tomatoes-and-lemon

If that fucking NYT link doesn't work then try this

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4Gcix1JOZaoJ:https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021277-sheet-pan-baked-feta-with-broccolini-tomatoes-and-lemon+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Last edited by glatt (10/30/2020 9:35 am)

10/30/2020 11:08 am  #16

That looks good.

11/01/2020 2:44 pm  #17

Sugar-free peach Jello.

We'll see.

11/01/2020 3:34 pm  #18

Burritos, home made tortillas, home made tomato sauce, fried ground beef with corn and beans.

Living life on the edge.

11/01/2020 4:25 pm  #19

Linner was roast chicken cooked with onion and fresh sage), trimmed with sage & onion stuffing (packet)  sausage, and from-scratch chicken gravy, served with roast potatoes, chopped carrots, sauteed asparagus and sauteed mushrooms.  Cooked in time for Thunderboy to eat and still get to work on time, and the carcass is already simmering for stock.

All this over-achievement does not bode well for the rest of the week..... squandering my good karma... 

11/02/2020 2:46 pm  #20

Apple pie with crumble topping seen here served hot from the oven with custard about half an hour ago   The custard was not made from scratch..... I have limits and I was hungry.....

11/02/2020 4:21 pm  #21

Wow. I want some of that so badly right now.

11/02/2020 7:58 pm  #22

Hamburger steak and fried onions

The peach Jello was alright.  Not a whole lot of taste/flavor.

11/02/2020 10:54 pm  #23

A big favorite sheetpan dinner is throw some sausage links, red and yellow bell peppers cut in half and rubbed or sprayed with oil, some potatoes, usually the tiny ones or cut into walnut sized chunks. They all cook at more or less the same time.
For the kids I will sometime throw hotdogs and tater tots on the pan if the kids are acting like they are going to be complicated about dinner

Last edited by footfootfoot (11/02/2020 10:55 pm)

Hey! That's me up there!

11/03/2020 2:54 am  #24

footfootfoot wrote:

A big favorite sheetpan dinner is throw some sausage links, red and yellow bell peppers cut in half and rubbed or sprayed with oil, some potatoes, usually the tiny ones or cut into walnut sized chunks. They all cook at more or less the same time.
For the kids I will sometime throw hotdogs and tater tots on the pan if the kids are acting like they are going to be complicated about dinner

This looks excellent. Just substitute the word “husband” for “kids” and I’m good to go! 😝

Living life on the edge.

11/03/2020 8:33 am  #25

Teriyaki chicken meatballs, but I don't have a slow cooker, so I oven baked them.  I basted them with the teriyaki sauce which got a little salty as it reduced.  Still needs a bit of sauce to eat, I think
https://aducksoven.com/recipes/crockpot-teriyaki-chicken-meatballs/

Board footera