cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/19/2021 8:49 pm  #1

What's For Dinner?

From scratch Bolognese w/ (bought) spag and steamed homegrown kale and runner beans.  No pics, can't be arsed 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/20/2021 11:41 am  #2

Re: What's For Dinner?

Last night was duck wings with homemade buffalo sauce (Frank's Red Hot plus honey), carrot sticks, and green grapes. Takes forever to cook them right, but super tasty.

9/20/2021 4:03 pm  #3

This week is leftover chicken breast, cauliflower, and banza pasta.  

9/21/2021 6:14 am  #4

Pete made lasagne last night. Homemade sauce from our boom year tomatoes. yummmy

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/21/2021 5:51 pm  #5

Frittata with asparagus, sausage, cheddar, red potatoes, topped with salsa picante, mixed nuts, seltzer.

A cup of chocolate caramel Captain Crunch (dry, snack style) for something sweet to finish the salty dinner.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/21/2021 10:34 pm  #6

bbro wrote:

yeah, ok, we admit, it's been the same for lunch and dinner for most of us since then.....   I need to get that frozen before we eat it all so there is an emergency quick meal supply..... seeing as bajaboi depleted the emergency supply within minutes of discovering it........

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/22/2021 2:30 pm  #7

Grilled pork chop with a breadstick and black-eyed peas.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

9/22/2021 2:53 pm  #8

yum yum!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/22/2021 4:04 pm  #9

monster wrote:

bbro wrote:

yeah, ok, we admit, it's been the same for lunch and dinner for most of us since then.....   I need to get that frozen before we eat it all so there is an emergency quick meal supply..... seeing as bajaboi depleted the emergency supply within minutes of discovering it........

I'm all about the leftovers!

9/22/2021 5:02 pm  #10

I don't know, but it smells good.

9/22/2021 7:55 pm  #11

bbro wrote:

monster wrote:

bbro wrote:

BUT IT'S NOT BLOODY LEFT OVERS!  It's a delicious sauce that is not quick to make but is quick to defrost and reheat while fresh pasta is cooking so I make huge pots full for the purpose of freezing -which can sometimes take a couple days to get round to--   ......and the fuckers ate it all.  I had two small portions for lunch is all and the month's supply is gone.....I swear they must've been putting it on their cereal too......

9/23/2021 6:12 pm  #12

monster wrote:

bbro wrote:

monster wrote:

BUT IT'S NOT BLOODY LEFT OVERS!  It's a delicious sauce that is not quick to make but is quick to defrost and reheat while fresh pasta is cooking so I make huge pots full for the purpose of freezing -which can sometimes take a couple days to get round to--   ......and the fuckers ate it all.  I had two small portions for lunch is all and the month's supply is gone.....I swear they must've been putting it on their cereal too......

so, just bulk cooking.  What jerks!  They ate it all??  When my mother made meat sauce, we would get some before dinner and eat bowls of it with italian bread and butter.  To the point that it became dinner and we didn't want any spaghetti :D

Tonight, I had chicken and cilantro jalapeno hummus

9/23/2021 6:56 pm  #13

almost all of it.  yeah, bulk cooking thingy

In recent months Thunderboy has been working at a pizza place so eating free pizza and Bajaboi was still in his own apartment.  guess I need to readjust.....  And freeze the damn stuff faster..... lol

9/28/2021 5:37 pm  #14

Taco salad!!

10/04/2021 2:37 pm  #15

New potatoes, pork sausages (both locally sourced) with broccoli and baby carrots and a bit of Bisto gravy 

10/14/2021 7:37 pm  #16

An experimental beef stroganoffy thing I did in my recently acquired instant pot.  Second outing of said contraption and already not following recipes and just making it the fuck up as I go along. (First outing was chicken alfredo following recipe from daughter).  Seems edible.  Will let you know if I'm dead in the morning.

Yes of course I should be doing something else.  My tax return. yes, I know.  please write to me in prison

10/15/2021 5:45 pm  #17

"prison"  LOL

We / I have an Instant Pot.  it's ... a new way of cooking, new to me anyhow.  the things it does it does extremely well, high pressure and high temperature cooking is new to me, but it isn't INSTANT. that part's a lie.  it takes T  I  M  E  to get hot enough to get to pressure and then that pressure takes more T  I  M  E  to cool down to dissipate safely.  Good, but an adjustment.

Be Just And Fear Not

10/16/2021 7:37 am  #18

Does anybody really believe tax enforcement still exists in this country? Those of us who are honest are carrying the rest.

10/16/2021 10:49 am  #19

griff wrote:

Does anybody really believe tax enforcement still exists in this country?

Don't pay yours and let us know how that works out, mmkay?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/16/2021 4:26 pm  #20

griff wrote:

Does anybody really believe tax enforcement still exists in this country? Those of us who are honest are carrying the rest.

Trump pretty much killed enforcement, but Biden is trying to rebuild it.  My neighbor is an IRS lawyer and she's super busy.

10/16/2021 5:00 pm  #21

I don't care what anyone else does.  I'm honest, I pay my taxes... lies and twisting ang turning ain't worth the stress to me.  I want to cook food, not the books....   (see what I did there....?)

10/18/2021 10:41 am  #22

glatt wrote:

griff wrote:

Trump pretty much killed enforcement, but Biden is trying to rebuild it.  My neighbor is an IRS lawyer and she's super busy.

Not just Trump; the IRS has been underfunded for many years.

10/19/2021 5:04 pm  #23

Fried fish with rice

11/25/2021 7:11 pm  #24

Thanksgiving dinner!

11/25/2021 7:55 pm  #25

Looking Good!!!

I Love my country, I fear the government.

Board footera