cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2021 11:21 pm  #51

Re: Covid Vax -Where are you up to?

Ah, shit. Take care of yourself. Here's hoping it's just exhaustion, and not viral exhaustion.

8/22/2021 6:57 am  #52

Oh man, such a PIA. There are other things going around though, good luck.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/22/2021 9:08 am  #53

Oh good grief! Hoping for the best for you, your body can do all sorts of weird things when you're fatigued, you definitely need a vacation

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

8/22/2021 11:50 am  #54

Yay! Looks like it's just a run of the mill illness.  This morning's quick test came back negative.  I get the 3-day test results on Tuesday, likely on the road up to Vermont.  Hopefully that's negative too.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! The fever's better today, but I'm still dragging.

To add to the stress level, I just got an email from my sister that my Mom and Dad need help during the evenings.  My three other siblings have patched together coverage since my Dad had bladder cancer surgery in June and chemo/radiation treatment over the summer.  They have all been amazing, but have needed to return to their lives.  I'm the only kid who hasn't dropped everything to go be a caregiver for an extended period of time.  So my sister emails me and my one brother who hasn't helped out quite as much as the other and has said it's our turn.  They need help.  But I simply don't have the bandwidth for this without dropping something big, like taking family/medical leave. What my parents need is someone to be awake during the night to help with everything.

We need to have a real conversation about a long term plan, because we can't continue to put our lives on hold to go be there.  I think it's time for a night-time in home health care worker. Or maybe even assisted living.

So my brother in Canada called, and he and the family will come down to my parents' for a week.  So that kicks the problem down the road until he leaves.

Gah.  Sorry for the whiney posts.

8/22/2021 4:27 pm  #55

I thought Canadians had difficulty coming to America.  Has that changed?

8/22/2021 4:51 pm  #56

You've got a good excuse!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/22/2021 4:59 pm  #57

tw wrote:

I thought Canadians had difficulty coming to America.  Has that changed?

They are all dual citizens, so maybe that makes it easier.  They haven't made the crossing yet as far as I know, but will in a couple hours.

8/22/2021 5:28 pm  #58

Well perhaps you and your brother could arrange for the overnight carer when you get back.  Not all help needs to be hands on.  I've had to try and help with my mother-in-law remotely, I know it's not as ideal as being there, but I think it's helped a bit.  I research and shop for gadgets to help her continue to do some of the things she's struggling with... stuff like that.  And suggest alternate ways she can do things.to retain independence.  
YAY on the covid test.  Get some rest

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

8/22/2021 8:30 pm  #59

Paying for in-home care is 100% as valid as coming to do the work yourself. Some people believe that only a family member will truly care enough to do it "right," but often professionals can actually do a better job because they don't have long-standing family dynamics lurking just under the surface.

8/23/2021 6:17 am  #60

Absolutely.

10/18/2021 12:43 pm  #61

My wife and I both got the Phizer vaccine back in January when it came out. We are old and I have had asthma most of my life. We are getting the booster this week.

That being said, I have 5 children from my first marriage, my wife has 3. Her 3 sons and all the grand kids on that branch are vaccinated. Out of my 5 only my older daughter is as well as her husband. My 3 sons are against this vaccine and one is against ALL vaccines. Second daughter also is not and doesn't plan to get vaccinated.  My son sho doesn't believe in any vaccines is college educated although he did graduate from the USNA which tends to have a fairly conservative student body most of the time. He is also my son  who is a hard core Christian. He has 2 master's degrees in theology from Liberty University. Oh well. I did my best. 

10/18/2021 10:13 pm  #62

Got my 3rd Pfizer on Saturday.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/19/2021 6:16 am  #63

I'm a Moderna Man, I don't think a booster is approved yet beyond folks with compromised immune systems. It should happen fairly soon for those of us (broadly) in health care. Delta is settling down but I have had 4 clients in quarantine in the last couple of weeks. Excellent doctor's appointment this week so at least I'm avoiding other health conditions.

10/19/2021 7:42 am  #64

A friend told me CDC doesn't recommend you getting the booster shot unless you're immune compromise or over 65. I'm deciding if I should take the booster because I work at Lenscrafters and I see tons of people everyday and I sometimes help in the doctor's office. I was able to get my vaccine in March because I belong to a school system. I also do substitute teaching. However, I'm avoiding accepting any sub jobs right now. What do y'all feel about getting the booster shot?

Last edited by Lola Bunny (10/19/2021 7:47 am)

10/19/2021 9:30 am  #65

Lola Bunny wrote:

A friend told me CDC doesn't recommend you getting the booster shot unless you're immune compromise or over 65.

The supply is limited.  Recommendation gets the most 'at risk' people vaccinated first.  If a supply was unlimited, then most everyone should be vaccinated tomorrow.

You may be at so great risk as to need a booster.

Remember the primary purpose of a vaccine.  To protect the Constitutional rights of all others.  How many people have been killed because someone only has a "MeMeMe" attitude promoted by political extremists?  'Screw others' is why one does not get vaccinated.  Keep the virus alive is why they myopically do not get vaccinated.  But the supply is limited.

CDC recommends using it where it can do the most good.  That recommendation has no relationship to its safety.

Last edited by tw (10/19/2021 9:31 am)

10/19/2021 9:47 am  #66

I got it at six months to the day, since I travel for work.

10/29/2021 12:09 pm  #67

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine#acc_uuid7237d762-45fb-4b62-99a5-ba72c833636b

• People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting may receive a booster shot at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series

I received my booster today because of potential for transmission.

11/03/2021 6:11 pm  #68

Comply now, complain later.  Straight from the horse's mouth.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/03/2021 11:53 pm  #69

Don't resist...stop resisting... that's an order, you can complain to the judge... stop resisting.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/04/2021 6:12 am  #70

It seems like a reasonable ask that public safety be safe for the public, I mean if that's why you became a cop.
I got the Pfizer booster on top of the Moderna, body aches and a fuzzy head for a while the next day.

11/19/2021 11:31 pm  #71

I got an appointment for my booster

this time not in another state.....

11/20/2021 7:14 am  #72

Good plan, things are going to shit again and this time masks are apparently not happening.

11/20/2021 11:10 am  #73

looks like it's a third Moderna. I sort of feel like maybe I should get the Pfizer this time but I don't know if I "have the bandwidth" to chase that down.  I get mammogram and 2nd shingles vax the same week so that's gonna be a ton of fun... but at least none of those things are colonoscopies....

11/20/2021 1:35 pm  #74

I planned my weekly shopping trip to town this week for Friday when the county Covid vaccination clinic was open 9 to 5 at the fairgrounds, with a lunch from 1 to 2.  Checked on the times on Tuesday.
Figuring my Pfizer booster for after my shopping, I arrived at ten to two, to discover that they closed for the day at noon.
When I called to complain, I got the wonderful bullshit answer that it was connected to the holiday and they would be closed entirely next week. Come back in December.
Damn Murphy.
Actually it may be important in that Fauci and Company are now saying that their miracle vaccines have waned to under 50% efficacy and fully vaccinated folks are getting full-blown Covid.
Boosters necessary now and the sooner the better.

11/22/2021 12:36 pm  #75

771,118 US deaths from Covid so far in 2021.
WTF happened?

Board footera