cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2021 12:56 am  #1

Eating Babies... I Mean Eggs.

The colors were boosted a little but it's still a cool picture.
Also a reminder that eggs like people are all the same inside.
Well you can't grow a Sussex from a Leghorn egg, but once you cook it they're the same. 

I think the column on the left edge the 3rd and 4th eggs from the top should be switched.
Also the 7th and 8th from the top should move up 1 space and #6 moved to the 8th spot.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (12/04/2021 1:04 am)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/04/2021 12:14 pm  #2

Re: Eating Babies... I Mean Eggs.

First:  I don't think there is a breed called "Easter egger."
Second:  There is no relation between the pics and the breed list.
Third:  The organization of the eggs is weird, repetitive, confusing and must be some kind of a yolk.

12/04/2021 12:23 pm  #3

Yeah I think Easter Egger is really an Araucana. We bought "cherry eggers" once which turned out to be some kind of Rhode Island Red, cool looking eggs though.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/04/2021 9:55 pm  #4

In current American usage, an Easter egger or Easter-egger is any chicken that possesses the "colorful egg" gene, but doesn't fully meet any breed standard defined in the American Poultry Association's (APA) standards, or in the case of Easter Egger bantams, the American Bantam Association's (ABA) standards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egger

Here's another more thorough link
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/difference-between-easter-eggers-and-ameraucanas-with-review-optional.76220/

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (12/04/2021 10:11 pm)

12/09/2021 10:20 pm  #5

I have a video of a skinny little  Asian girl eating about 29(I lost count but 28 to 30) hard boiled eggs and big bowl of noodles, and drinks the broth in 2 minutes and 21 seconds. Evidently egg eating competitions are a thing in China.

12/09/2021 10:33 pm  #6

I imagine it depends considerably on what they eat, too.

The chickens, that is.

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera