cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/23/2022 5:49 pm  #1

the fitness industry

Did you know that when bodybuilders diet for a show, they gauge their progress by obtaining what is known as the "death face" .?
Here's Urs Kalecinski prepping to compete in the 'Classic Physique' division. Looks HEALTHY don't he.?

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/23/2022 5:59 pm  #2

Re: the fitness industry

This next dude was famous for being this shredded all year round.
Andreas Munzer, died at 31. Would you guess that's the face of a 31yo man.?

Last edited by Flint (2/24/2022 2:03 pm)

2/24/2022 5:39 pm  #3

Flint wrote:

...  they gauge their progress by obtaining what is known as the "death face" .?

Explains where the "Star Trek" series got models for so many evil aliens.

2/24/2022 6:06 pm  #4

tw wrote:

Flint wrote:

...  they gauge their progress by obtaining what is known as the "death face" .?

Explains where the "Star Trek" series got models for so many evil aliens.

2/25/2022 3:06 pm  #5

Stuart Whitman's yodeling was scarier...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/25/2022 6:05 pm  #6

In bodybuilding news.. a 29yo dude in stage 5 kidney failure died today, of a heart attack. This guy wasn't even competing at the pro level. Another guy around the same age revealed a cardiac calcium score in the 99th percentile, basically a heart attack is invertible in 3-5 years if he doesn't change his "supplement" use. Also today, 44yo guy struggling to recreate his peak condition dropped out of an upcoming competition and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

The most prominent bodybuilding youtuber is preaching that if these guys wanna retire and "downsize" i.e. lose 50 pounds of supra-physiological muscle, we should encourage that instead of pressuring them to look a certain way. It's getting crazy out there.

They are thinking of bringing back the "Masters" division and people have mixed feelings. It might allow the 40+ guys to stop competiong with 20-30yo guys in their metabolic prime, but on the other hand it might just enourage them to stay jacked to the gills into older ages.

Here's Cedric McMillan 10 years ago,
..then in his latest contest prep at 44yo. At a certain point, it's time to hang it up.

Last edited by Flint (2/25/2022 6:24 pm)

2/25/2022 9:32 pm  #7

I know wearing your pants low is a style but that's ridiculous.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/26/2022 5:39 pm  #8

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I know wearing your pants low is a style but that's ridiculous.

1 -- tha's pretty funny

2 -- I want to watch (from a distance) *you* tell him that...

Be Just And Fear Not

2/26/2022 6:51 pm  #9

Half-pipe snowboard competition became quite a shitshow when the wind picked up. I wonder if some folks will rethink having a parachute between their knees next time out.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/26/2022 10:13 pm  #10

Looks like a comically shitty photoshop job

Flint wrote:

Looks HEALTHY don't he.?

Hey! That's me up there!

2/28/2022 1:28 pm  #11

Fitness?

More like fitness whole bowlful in m'lungs...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/01/2022 11:07 am  #12

TheNeverWas wrote:

Fitness?

More like fitness whole bowlful in m'lungs...

hahhahahaa!

Hey! That's me up there!

3/02/2022 7:04 am  #13

*snort*

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/02/2022 5:06 pm  #14

This kid here, Scott Murray died. He was in his mid-twenties, had thousands of followers of his fitness content on social media and and a net worth of a million dollars. He ate pretty high calorie meals and stayed shredded year round due to the INSANE amount of energy expenditure he put into hours and hours of working out every day. Apparently he only slept about 4 hours a night.?! The general consensus is what he was doing qualified as obsessive-- he was doing way too much.

One of the youtube channels I follow said people often mistake obsession for discipline.

Fitness standards are absolutely insane. It's a huge problem, people are dying at young ages from trying to look a certain way-- ostensibly a "healthy" look.

For 99% of people your body isn't meant to carry high muscle mass at extremely low body fat levels. People are comparing themselves to how bodybuilders look on stage-- but those guys only acheive that condition for one day, after six months of preparation! It's not how healthy people are supposed to look year round, people's heads are ƒucked about this. Literally killing themselves.

Did you know people want to have veins on their abs.?? Not just abs, but VEINS on abs.

Last edited by Flint (3/02/2022 5:16 pm)

3/02/2022 7:36 pm  #15

If these guys are fit, where do they fit?

Why are muscles in their faces not as developed?

Last edited by tw (3/02/2022 7:37 pm)

3/03/2022 1:45 pm  #16

tw wrote:

Why are muscles in their faces not as developed?

With enough anabolic compounds+hGH+insulin they definitely get "fat head" from swollen face muscles

3/03/2022 2:11 pm  #17

3/03/2022 2:23 pm  #18

ha ha!

3/17/2022 5:15 pm  #19

Getting fit isn't really all that hard...

...in fact, it's really simple.  You can do it.

Board footera