cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/27/2022 4:05 am  #1

Pasta & Tomato

Moe kinds of pasta than you can shake a stick at, and this is just a sampling...

How about some red stuff with that...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/28/2022 11:02 am  #2

Re: Pasta & Tomato

I'm too lazy to look it up.  Do they call bowties farfalle in Italy?

5/28/2022 7:49 pm  #3

Don't look it up.  Just look up.  Third pic from the bottom in the pics of pasta Bruce posted.  Farfalle.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/29/2022 12:11 pm  #4

Uh, thanks TNW, but that is kind of why I asked.
So I did look it up.
Now I know what the apparel item "bow tie" is called in Italy, which I think is the same thing as what they call it in Italian.  Think Steve McQueen.
But it is still confusing. so I'll ask for more input.
In German, it is "die Fliege." 

5/29/2022 3:03 pm  #5

I've seen Farfalle printed on the boxes of at least Barilla and San Giorgio.

5/29/2022 8:21 pm  #6

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Uh, thanks TNW, but that is kind of why I asked.
So I did look it up.
Now I know what the apparel item "bow tie" is called in Italy, which I think is the same thing as what they call it in Italian.  Think Steve McQueen.
But it is still confusing. so I'll ask for more input.
In German, it is "die Fliege." 

My apologies, Jim.  I didn't get the distinction between bowtie pasta, and actual bowties.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/30/2022 11:06 am  #7

I think Italians may have a choice between cravatta de farfalla and il papillon.

5/31/2022 1:44 am  #8

I'm only concerned what to call the shape/size I'm trying to buy.
Don't want to have to concentrate too hard as I'm busy watching for immigrants trying to replace us.

5/31/2022 12:06 pm  #9

And there is a growing list of those who need replacing.

5/31/2022 5:12 pm  #10

So what is a Tomato Pie?  Why is it served cold?  Why does it come in the shape of a pizza - when it isn't?

Board footera