cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2020 10:09 am  #1

Proud Parent Thread

Well, the parenting forum was looking a little bleak with no posts at all, so...

Minifobette has taken to the dog/cat volunteering even better than I'd hoped. I still had to set down the rule that we do at least one walk before we do a play yard (because the dogs like it better, and most of them don't understand how to play fetch or tug-of-war anyway.) But on our first few trips, if the play yards were already full, she'd abandon the dog area after her one walk and go visit the cats instead. Yesterday we got up to 3 walks (technically four, but the last two dogs were extremely anxious and both walks were half-length at best.) The full walking path is over a half mile, maybe as much as a mile, so not too shabby.

On the other hand, we were able to go basically every day this week because their school was on break. We'll see how much benefit it still provides once we're down to only weekends again.

10/17/2020 7:48 pm  #2

Re: Proud Parent Thread

I'm glad she's getting on board.

“We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.”

10/17/2020 11:26 pm  #3

To be fair, she's on board with the animals in general, and asks to go every day. She just wants to play with the dogs in one spot and avoid anything approaching physical activity.

10/18/2020 12:15 am  #4

Tie a short rope to the dog collar and the kids belt.
Then find a squirrel, exercise galore.

This is our winter of interregnum

11/08/2020 7:12 am  #5

She looks beautiful, Sarge!

Living life on the edge.

11/08/2020 9:15 am  #6

Lovely!

11/08/2020 10:45 am  #7

She looks ready to conquer the world -such great poise.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/08/2020 6:54 pm  #8

Makes me feel old...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Board footera