cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2020 10:09 am  #1

Proud Parent Thread

Well, the parenting forum was looking a little bleak with no posts at all, so...

Minifobette has taken to the dog/cat volunteering even better than I'd hoped. I still had to set down the rule that we do at least one walk before we do a play yard (because the dogs like it better, and most of them don't understand how to play fetch or tug-of-war anyway.) But on our first few trips, if the play yards were already full, she'd abandon the dog area after her one walk and go visit the cats instead. Yesterday we got up to 3 walks (technically four, but the last two dogs were extremely anxious and both walks were half-length at best.) The full walking path is over a half mile, maybe as much as a mile, so not too shabby.

On the other hand, we were able to go basically every day this week because their school was on break. We'll see how much benefit it still provides once we're down to only weekends again.

10/17/2020 7:48 pm  #2

Re: Proud Parent Thread

I'm glad she's getting on board.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/17/2020 11:26 pm  #3

To be fair, she's on board with the animals in general, and asks to go every day. She just wants to play with the dogs in one spot and avoid anything approaching physical activity.

10/18/2020 12:15 am  #4

Tie a short rope to the dog collar and the kids belt.
Then find a squirrel, exercise galore.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/08/2020 7:12 am  #5

She looks beautiful, Sarge!

Living life on the edge.

11/08/2020 9:15 am  #6

Lovely!

11/08/2020 10:45 am  #7

She looks ready to conquer the world -such great poise.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/08/2020 6:54 pm  #8

Makes me feel old...

12/10/2020 12:28 am  #9

SonofV sent me a link to Rooster by Ann Wilson; I parried and riposted with Bantam Cock by Jake Thackeray.

His response:

Haven't heard Jake Thackray in a while.

Touche'.

#proudfather

Be Just And Fear Not

12/15/2020 12:10 am  #10

SonovV is home, for good, for now, from NY to WA.

I'm incapable of expressing how happy and relieved to have him home again.  And I have all the best words.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/15/2020 7:07 am  #11

*cheers*

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/15/2020 8:21 am  #12

Awesome!

12/15/2020 8:39 am  #13

Yay!!!

I Love my country, I fear the government.

12/15/2020 6:35 pm  #14

Excellent!

Living life on the edge.

12/15/2020 8:04 pm  #15

* 1000!

Thank you all!

Be Just And Fear Not

1/24/2021 9:40 am  #16

Our granddaughter is pregnant and invited us to come along to one of these places that does 3D ultrasound imaging, her uncle paid for it as a gift. I have mixed feelings about this stuff, my first wife and I had 5 kids and we had no idea what the gender was until the little bugger popped out or in the case of the last 2 was forcibly evicted by C section.  But I played along, she invited us, her parents, her husband of course and her step mother.  The place called on Friday to go over the process for the ultrasound and then told her that due to Covid they no longer allowed multiple family members but only 3 people to come along. So it ended up being her parents and husband. 

This will be our first great grandchild. We have 20 grand kids now and another is due in March but becoming a great grandparent seems kind of cool. I'm only 64 so I might end up with a whole bunch of them someday. So here are 2 of the pictures. And just as I thought, you can't tell much other than the baby has a pretty normal looking face. 

1/24/2021 10:26 am  #17

Very cool Chris, best wishes on the pregnancy.

1/27/2021 10:53 pm  #18

I'm not the parent in this post, not directly anyhow.  But the remarks the dad makes resonate with me.  I know I remember I feel how it was at the moments he's documenting here where he shares the same fascination with a feather or a string or a horse that his lovely daughter May expresses.

I like him.  I'm like him.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/23/2021 5:10 pm  #19

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/23/2021 8:21 pm  #20

Congrats!

4/24/2021 6:30 am  #21

Huzzah!

4/24/2021 7:27 am  #22

YAY!!!

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/26/2021 10:52 pm  #23

HELL YEAH!!!!

Be Just And Fear Not

4/27/2021 3:31 am  #24

BRILLIANT!

Living life on the edge.

5/23/2021 9:49 pm  #25

This weekend Bajaboi invited me to volunteer at the SAE Baja meet in Louisville, KY.  So I did.   

There were about 90 teams nationwide registered, although word was about 60 showed up. anyhoo......  His team won.  Super proud.  He is captain this year and the main driver and I watched him drive the endurance event today and my fellow (knowledgeable) volunteers were impressed with his mad drivin' skillz 

taught that boy to drive ..... jus' sayin'

Board footera