cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2022 4:08 pm  #1

important question PLEASE ANSWER

would you rather have scampled or sopt eggs?

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/02/2022 6:14 pm  #2

Re: important question PLEASE ANSWER

puckled for me

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/02/2022 7:24 pm  #3

sopt eggs?

I Love my country, I fear the government.

10/02/2022 9:16 pm  #4

I love eggs.  I didn't realize until the last few years how much I love them.  So good.  I crack two of them into the pan,  stir/scramble them, just a little, form them into a patty/mound and once they are a little firmed up underneath, I flip them once, add a slice of american cheese, turn the burner off to and put the lid on to let them coast for about 15 seconds or so while I get out a plate and pull the toasted english muffin out of the toaster.  Cheese is just barely melted at that point, so I lift the patty and put it on the muffin.  No wasted movements.  It's such a good breakfast. Moist and delicious light and soft melted cheese.

10/02/2022 10:23 pm  #5

Eggs L ent kweschon

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/03/2022 5:58 am  #6

break fast

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/03/2022 7:08 am  #7

I'll happily eat eggs in any form whatsoever, but for my money, egg salad is the king.

10/03/2022 7:11 am  #8

There's an Asian place near us that offers a dish with a fried egg on top--which is heaven enough--but the way they fry the egg is to crack it straight into the deep fryer. The texture is unreal. So fucking good.

10/03/2022 10:35 am  #9

Clodfobble wrote:

I'll happily eat eggs in any form whatsoever, but for my money, egg salad is the king.

My favorite also.

10/03/2022 11:56 am  #10

Yes to all of the above.

Living life on the edge.

10/03/2022 5:09 pm  #11

Clodfobble wrote:

There's an Asian place near us that offers a dish with a fried egg on top--which is heaven enough--but the way they fry the egg is to crack it straight into the deep fryer. The texture is unreal. So fucking good.

bibimbap?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/03/2022 5:52 pm  #12

We had bibimbap (sp?) a few nights ago. The gochujang (fermented chili paste) really makes it for me.
I moved my snow tires this morning and found 16 green americana eggs... asshole chicken.

10/03/2022 6:20 pm  #13

Clodfobble wrote:

Sounds incredible. I finally figured out how to make the eggs for fried rice-- loosely half-scrambling them so they're still half-runny, setting them aside, then throwing them in the rice and stuff at the very end, so the runny bits coat everything but there's some egg bits in there too.

Also, I don't know if other places do this, but in Portland nearly every food place will put an egg on top of anything.. usually, denoted by "put a bird on it"
*the Pacific Northwest version of "scattered, smothered, and covered" I suppose

Last edited by Flint (10/03/2022 6:23 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/04/2022 4:04 pm  #14

monster wrote:

bibimbap?

Nah, this place does a weird mix of Chinese, Vietnamese, and Indian, but no Korean. They call it a "Vietnamese Rice Plate," but on less Americanized menus it's "com tam."

10/04/2022 5:04 pm  #15

I bought a box of Gochujang sauce it is the primary ingredient in bibimbap sauce for the dish. And it is almost gone

10/04/2022 6:34 pm  #16

Eggs are fine.

I do admire Griff's carbon steel game however.  Well used, as a good tool should be.

Be Just And Fear Not

10/14/2022 9:24 pm  #17

Clodfobble wrote:

Back in my youth there was one of the 4-H leaders who would take a big cast iron frying pan with an inch of smoking hot bacon grease and crack in eggs. They would cook in seconds and were probably as unhealthy as breakfast can be but tasted soooooooo good. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera