cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2023 9:13 pm  #1

learning to walk again......

I've been in a holding pattern for pretty much the last decade - dealing with beest's cancer, and then his death and then unemployment and then unemployment in a pandemic and yeah, still his death (a pic of him I posted just after his death came up in my facebook feed as a "memory" this afternoon -that was tough)

Anyhoo... I've had a career job for a year now and I saved up all my vacation, and early last month I realized I finally had enough vacation and so I took myself to the UK for the first time in 20-odd years.  I hired a car and drove 1412 miles by myself and saw all my friends and lots of big metal sculptures that have sprung up since I left and places I used to live....

And then I came back.  And immediately reserved another week's vacation in July (the week of the 4th but it's first-come-first-served and I was first :D) to go see Archpologirl in Seattle and the fireworks on the lake her apartment overlooks,,,,,, and last night I booked and paid for my flights....

...But that's not all........   I learned that Queen and Adam Lambert might be touring the US this year..... and I knew if they did it would be the last chance to see them ... so I told my kids that I was going to go if they did and to watch out for the schedule being announced  -to try and stop me chickening out- ........and Archpolo girl said she'd come with me because she's an AL fan ... and tonight I learned that they are and they're coming to Detroit, and tix go on sale on Friday........ and then I saw potential prices and had an old person moment and was about to chicken out and ... and then I went fuckit can't take it with you nd this is what stuff costs and gave Archpologirl the go-ahead to book us some if she can because I'll be at work when they are released and she offered and I'm a fraidy-cat and have only ever been to two concerts in my entire life and one was an outdoor festival.....  So please wish us luck or something... 

kinda proud of me... even if I employed a little assistance in being wild and reckless.... or something

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/29/2023 11:56 am  #2

Re: learning to walk again......

I am pleased to hear of this updates

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/29/2023 11:57 am  #3

This is all wonderful news. I think you will enjoy the concert a ton--and how much better to get to go with Archpologirl?! It's also inspiring because I feel stuck in a holding pattern myself, so thank you for sharing.

3/29/2023 12:12 pm  #4

I'm inspired by you. Well done.

Queen, huh?  I was humming one of their tunes this morning while making breakfast.  Maybe I should check out their tour.

3/29/2023 1:45 pm  #5

Eta.. You're not kidding about the Queen ticket prices.  Geez.  Too rich for my blood.

3/29/2023 6:47 pm  #6

Pimp on aisle 3!!  Pimp on aisle 3!!

Undertoad wrote:

*i was going to write 500 miles, but fuck that song in particular

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/29/2023 6:53 pm  #7

glatt wrote:

Eta.. You're not kidding about the Queen ticket prices.  Geez.  Too rich for my blood.

yeah might still be for us.  We'll see....... 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/30/2023 5:48 am  #8

We used to see all the Rock and Roll for like $12.50. Maybe the young people won't need teh hearing aids.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/30/2023 7:13 am  #9

monster wrote:

glatt wrote:

yeah might still be for us.  We'll see....... 

Turns out I was on a scalper site.  So maybe they are more reasonable than I thought.  They haven't even gone on sale yet.  Doh!

3/31/2023 10:15 am  #10

She did iiiiiit! We're going! Better seats than we thought we'd get for less money too. She said  it was really hard but then suddenly  scooooooore

3/31/2023 11:40 am  #11

Yay!!! take lots of pix.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

3/31/2023 12:52 pm  #12

Awesome.

3/31/2023 2:28 pm  #13

You'll have fun!

4/02/2023 6:30 am  #14

This is such wonderful news. Holding patterns vary in duration, not in relation to the original damage/setback suffered, but they are just that. So GOOD to see you moving forward, Monster, and to Clodfobble - hang in there. You'll be moving forward when you're good and ready. I *know* you'll see/feel the moment!

Last edited by Limey (4/02/2023 6:30 am)

Living life on the edge.

Board footera