cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/24/2023 9:54 pm  #1

First, make your bed

Some hail it as a life-changing step, others, a complete waste of precious time.

Do you make your bed every day?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/25/2023 5:57 am  #2

Re: First, make your bed

I have friends who buy into that program. They claim it makes them more productive. I think people who are pre-wired to that nonsense get anxious about untidiness generally so this makes a good excuse for them to be anal retentive. Being generally sloppy, I could care less. Pete likes a made bed because it starts the nights sheet battle even Stephen.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/25/2023 7:07 am  #3

I do.  It's about the only domestic thing I do,   I'm messy as all get out generally, but it feels nicer to crawl into a made bed at night and getting to sleep can be a struggle for me and this seems to help.    It kinda does make me set for the day, too.  But full disclosure -it's incredibly easy and quick because I have a duvet. If it was sheets and stuff .....not gonna happen  the pay-off for effort seems worth it

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/25/2023 6:33 pm  #4

I haven't made my bed since I was a child.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/25/2023 6:36 pm  #5

When ya make yer bed, that means yer done with it for the day.

I'm not that grown-up yet.  The day will only piss me off so much, before "Fukkit, I'm going to bed."

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/25/2023 11:40 pm  #6

Fair, although I am done with it for the day.  i am not remotely interested in that thing.  It's a thief of time.

5/26/2023 8:59 am  #7

First sleep in your bed before making it.

So people get confused.  Try to make it with their bed.

Last edited by tw (5/26/2023 9:00 am)

5/26/2023 11:28 am  #8

I literally made my bed.
But I only stretch the sheets flat on it when I take them out of the drier.

5/26/2023 7:52 pm  #9

I am quite surprised by these results, I have to admit.  But now I think about it, I have other reasons I make my bed that might not be an issue for all.  My cats are allowed in there in the day and sleep on my bed.  I am allergic to their fur, so I pull the duvet over the pillow as well as the sheets so I am not touching any bit they've slept on when I sleep.  But I still like like it looks nice and flat and straight when I crawl in at night

5/27/2023 12:17 pm  #10

I've slept on a waterbed for 50 years. Obviously, I like it.
Making it every day conserves the heat.
For the last few years, I have had an indoor cat and hopefully the combined thickness of the bedding exceeds the length of her claws.
Otherwise? I don't want to think about it.

5/29/2023 11:09 am  #11

I pull the blankets back up because we have dogs and I want them to stay on the outside. But I'm also not a violent sleeper--the bed stays pretty much made without any effort.

Board footera