cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2020 5:51 pm  #26

Re: The Covid

Grandfather wrote:

Thank you for admitting your failure .

Demonstrated but again is why we even massacred 5,000 American servicemen in Iraq for no purpose.  Extremist again sees only what his emotions what him to believe.

That paragraph is more then 140 characters.  So it maybe too long to comprehend.  Trump's 30 second attention span is, apparently, contagious.

Last edited by tw (12/09/2020 5:54 pm)

12/09/2020 7:12 pm  #27

Grandfather wrote:

Thank you for admitting your failure .

Trump has taught you well.  When do you start posting that the election was stolen.  As any good extremist would post.  It must be learned to get your doctorate in lying.

12/11/2020 3:09 pm  #28

Grandfather wrote:

The lower death rate in those countries practicing ritualistic cleansing using neti pots

I tried that once.

Worst. Tea.  EVER.

Weaponized Funk

12/13/2020 11:24 am  #29

henry_quirk wrote:

The long-game view is that your son will likely learn from that experience, and behave differently than you did.

if I'm doin' my job right (and, I am), *he'll be as much a eleutheromaniac as me

Eleutheromania, or eleutherophilia is "a mania or frantic zeal for freedom"

Being a logophile, I appreciate the word.

It's also how a child understands freedom.

Adults know better.

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

12/13/2020 3:31 pm  #30

keryx wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

The long-game view is that your son will likely learn from that experience, and behave differently than you did.

if I'm doin' my job right (and, I am), *he'll be as much a eleutheromaniac as me

Eleutheromania, or eleutherophilia is "a mania or frantic zeal for freedom"

Being a logophile, I appreciate the word.

It's also how a child understands freedom.

Adults know better.

most kids, and many adults, want to do what they want and they want to absorb no consequence: this is license, not freedom

no, freedom, the thing I'm mad for, is self-direction & self-responsibility, and is as far from bein' what a child conceives as it can be...it's self de-liberation, purpose, & intent

it's weighty, serious, and not to be taken lightly

12/13/2020 8:51 pm  #31

What is it you want to do that you can't?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/13/2020 9:08 pm  #32

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

did I say I was hobbled?

no, I did not

12/14/2020 9:29 am  #33

henry_quirk wrote:

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

did I say I was hobbled?

no, I did not

You haven't gotten to the maturity level of realizing that not everything is about you.  What you do and say can affect others. It's clear that you don't give a damn.

Classic narcissism.

Practice good hygiene and wear a mask in public, dumbass.  Try to not hobble others.

Last edited by keryx (12/14/2020 9:32 am)

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

12/14/2020 11:42 am  #34

You haven't gotten to the maturity level of realizing that not everything is about you.  What you do and say can affect others. It's clear that you don't give a damn.

I'm sorry, who are you again?

Classic narcissism.

gesundheit

Practice good hygiene and wear a mask in public, dumbass.

I will not wear one on a train, I will not wear one on a plane; I will not wear one on a boat, I will not wear with a goat

Try to not hobble others.

innocent till proven guilty, bub

12/14/2020 12:17 pm  #35

henry_quirk wrote:

I'm sorry, who are you again?
Mrs fargon.

Classic narcissism.

gesundheit

Obviously the product of an inferior school system.

Practice good hygiene and wear a mask in public, dumbass.

I will not wear one on a train, I will not wear one on a plane; I will not wear one on a boat, I will not wear with a goat

Are you better than the rest of us, and don't feel the need to protect the people around you. What an asshole.

Try to not hobble others.

innocent till proven guilty, bub

I Love my country, I fear the government.

12/14/2020 1:02 pm  #36

fargon wrote:

Mrs fargon.

you have my sympathies

edit: that as wrong of me...I have no sympathy at all

edit: I do have a ton of ill wishes...you can have those

Last edited by henry_quirk (12/14/2020 1:12 pm)

12/14/2020 1:05 pm  #37

fargon wrote:

Are you better than the rest of us, and don't feel the need to protect the people around you. What an asshole.

I'm not sick, so -- even if masks were worth a good goddamn -- I don't need one

12/14/2020 1:48 pm  #38

henry_quirk wrote:

fargon wrote:

I'm not sick, so -- even if masks were worth a good goddamn -- I don't need one

How can you possibly be sure?  Been tested? 
Or are you content to be some kind of Covid-Mary, spewing disease wherever you are?
Better safe than sorry, as the world doesn't actually revolve around you. The life you save may not be your own.

But a narcissist wouldn't care.  

Masks are not a panacea,  but can be effective to slow the spread of Covid.  

12/14/2020 3:02 pm  #39

Covid-Mary

mebbe covid marvin, or beer virus burt, or pandemic pete, or nasty cold nate, or virus vernon

as for spreadin' that nasty cold: I usually keep my misanthropic keister away from all you good, honest, virtuous folks, but mebbe I ought be a superspreader

instead of washin' my hands, coughin' into my elbow, and stayin' home when I get sick (stuff I was doin' well before that old debbil beer virus slinked over from the commies), mebbe I oughta do my part to turn beer virus into the CORONAPOCALYPSE

you folks already think beer virus is the CORONAPOCALYPSE, yeah? I'll be doin' you a solid makin' your fantasies, reality

gotta go infected first

it's harder than you think

as I said elsewhere, we had ourselves a big thanksgivin' but there's been no beer virus infections so far

mebbe I can find myself one of them ICUs that's fulla ventilated-types: I got some bucks stashed away...I could give all the dyin' folks a fiver each to let me lick an eyeball or sniff a neck (like smokin' joe) or expectorate at me

that oughta do it, yeah?

I'd get beer virus all over and deep inside me, let it ripen up, and then, babee!, I couid really go to town!

start '21 off with a bang!

12/14/2020 3:46 pm  #40

Henry, is there any number of infections or deaths that would cause you to believe that this pandemic is serious?

12/14/2020 5:03 pm  #41

Check this out.  300,000 Dead that sounds pretty significant to me. So unless you're an introverted asshole that lives in his Parents basement. And gets his rocks off by creating hate and discontent on the internet, I suggest you touch base with reality. And get with the program.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/12/14/946045921/how-do-we-grieve-300-000-lives-lost?utm_source=npr_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20201214&utm_term=5028776&utm_campaign=breaking-news&utm_id=39243875&orgid=232

Last edited by fargon (12/14/2020 5:21 pm)

12/14/2020 5:04 pm  #42

Only 58,000 Americans died in Viet Nam.

12/14/2020 7:03 pm  #43

glatt wrote:

Henry, is there any number of infections or deaths that would cause you to believe that this pandemic is serious?

no

only when the Dark Man comes will I believe

12/14/2020 7:04 pm  #44

glatt wrote:

On 8 May, American death toll from Covid-19 exceeded American deaths in the entire Vietnam war.  But that is not serious.  Because, as David Brooks so accurately noted, extremists cannot see facts.  Futile is to argue facts with extremists.  Since they know everything only from that part of the brain that makes decisions from emotions.

At that same time, Washington had never seen so many peaceful demonstrators since the 1960s anti-Vietnam and Civil Rights marches.  So what did Trump do only 17 days later?  He had peaceful demonstrators attacked with riot chemicals and baton swinging police.   Then three hours later, a helicopter flying only 45 feet about the street creating human harmful debris to further attack peaceful demonstrators.   He then denied demonstrators were peaceful.  So that he could stand in from the St Johns church holding a Bible.

How ironic.  He is not religious.  He openly lies (Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor).  He cheats on every wife (Thou shalt not commit adultery).   But again, extremists (even evangelicals) ignore facts.  Since facts contradict their emotions.

That same day, Minneapolis police murdered George Floyd.  Trump's own words

We are now in the process of defeating the radical left, the Marxists, the anarchists, the agitators, the looters.

When confronted by a question that there are no Marxists left, then Trump replied

Black Lives Matter, what they do is they literally have it in their website that they're Marxists.

Later said

I have done more for the Black community than any other president other than Abraham Lincoln.

Obviously he is lying.  Somehow he has done more for the Black Lives Matter movement?  Just like he denies the death numbers from Covid.  Extremist believe it for only one reason.  It agrees with their emotions.

The pre-frontal cortex does not operate in extremists.  Asking any extremist here or in the White House to use facts and numbers is impossible.  Which explains why extremists here routinely post insults and cheapshots at moderates when confronted by facts.  The emotional know that acting like a bully is somehow factual proof.  It has seriously increased in the past four years.

More Americans were killed by Covid-19 than all Americans in Vietnam. That happened over seven months ago.  Only two months after a president acknowledged this Covid problem (while remaining in denial of its severity - publicly).

Because he said that, then an extremist knows he is not harming the Constitutional Rights of all others.  Because he feels - emotionally - that he is not asymptomatic.  He knows because the brain of a child (also called the reptilian brain) says so.  No fact will change that mentality.

A same brain that Timothy McVeigh used to justify mass murder.  That is the problem.  Too many adults think like children.  Adults who will never be officer material.  Same type adults who knew Hilary Clinton was running a pedophile ring in the basement of a pizza shop.  That communist were running the State Department and US Army. That Saddam had WMDs.  And that Jews had conspired to destroy Germany.  They just knew it must be true.  Their emotions (the source of so many insults and other disparaging remarks) prove it.

Futile is to try arguing using facts. As Henry Quirk demonstrates but again. Facts cannot be heard by an adult who is thinking like a child.

Notice what follows.  Violence.  Since that is what Timothy McVeigh types use for proof.

Last edited by tw (12/14/2020 7:08 pm)

12/14/2020 7:06 pm  #45

I suggest you touch base with reality. And get with the program.

I suggest you come on down to the basement and make me

12/14/2020 7:15 pm  #46

tw wrote:

glatt wrote:

On 8 May...like a child.

hey, guy, ORANGE MAN is old news...haven't you heard? he lost to a houseplant who's gonna make it all right as rain

12/14/2020 7:35 pm  #47

300,000 Dead that sounds pretty significant to me

54,500,000, thereabouts, have kicked the bucket, globally, since the beginning of '20

that there is a way more impressive number (to me, anyway)

12/14/2020 8:47 pm  #48

henry_quirk wrote:

glatt wrote:

no

only when the Dark Man comes will I believe

Once again, I appreciate your honesty.

We see thing differently.  In March, I thought this was serious, and the numbers are significantly worse now, so of course, I still think it's serious.

If you can't come up with any number at all that would make this serious to you, other than your own death, then that doesn't leave much room for discussion.

12/15/2020 8:31 am  #49

that doesn't leave much room for discussion

yeah, been there, done that over at the old place

all that netted me was dismissal, derision, & bad pop-psych analysis by folks like yourself

12/21/2020 1:55 pm  #50

https://apnews.com/article/us-news-los-angeles-health-coronavirus-pandemic-california-711b71eea782c900efdc07156b76a5b9

California

A document recently circulated among doctors at the four hospitals proposed that instead of trying to save every life, their goal could shift to saving as many patients as possible — meaning those less likely to survive would not get the same kind of care.“Some compromise of standard of care is unavoidable; it is not that an entity, system or locale chooses to limit resources, it is that the resources are clearly not available to provide care in a regular manner,” said the document obtained by the Los Angeles Times.

Tennessee

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee on Sunday announced new social gathering restrictions while still refusing to implement a mask mandate despite pleas from front-line health care workers. Tennessee, one of a dozen states without a mask mandate, is experiencing the highest new cases per capita in the country.Instead of a mask mandate, the Republican signed an executive order limiting public gatherings to 10 people. However, places of worship, weddings and funerals are exempt.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

Board footera