cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2021 3:49 pm  #1

Henry where are you?

Now that the trump people are wrecking the Capitol Building are you happy? You said you liked trump because he was elected to wreck the country. And that's what is happening.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/06/2021 4:34 pm  #2

Re: Henry where are you?

fargon wrote:

Now that the trump people are wrecking the Capitol Building are you happy? You said you liked trump because he was elected to wreck the country. And that's what is happening.

er, no, that's not what I meant or mean by wreckin' shit

violence comes last, not first

so, no, I'm not happy

wasn't happy when blm/antfa wrecked communities; not happy that ORANGE MAN folks today are actin' like the same kinda spoiled brats in wash.

but, hey, thanks for tryin' to make me into the forum's poster boy for stupid, pointless behavior...  👍

1/06/2021 5:03 pm  #3

To the so many who don't even want to read here - because it makes them emotional.  This is exactly how the Nazis took over Germany in the late 1920s to 1933.

First preach lies to adults who are still children. Get them to want promote 'wreck shit'.  Get them to blame everything on others (immigrants, Jews, Gypsys, Czechs who are denigrating ethnic Germans, antifa).  Get them to believe in their superiority because their emotions inspire each other. To create a 'them verses us' mentality. Inspired by paramilitary uniforms and assault weapons.

Hype magic solutions.  When those fail (ie Mexico will pay for the wall, tax cuts for the rich that only result in a recession the next year), then blame enemies hiding in the State Department, Dept of Justice, or a pedophile prison in a pizza shop basement.  Even blame America's closest allies.  While preaching MAGA - as Limburgh also did with "America First" when he also praised Hitler.  As Trump does when he praises adversaries such as Putin while mocking and lying about all 17 American intelligence agencies.

Why would any patriotic American respect a man like that?  Because hate and divisiveness make extremists (anti-Americans) popular.

Next step.  Disparage the intelligentsia and bourgeois (the educated people).  To even claim that all logic and science lies (ie about global warming, a mythical Covid-19 that is only another influenza).  Promote confusion and dissension by inventing myths such as fake news or pure Aryan race.   Mock almost all responsible information sources (even all intelligence agencies).  Claim only Pravda, Goering, or Fox News is honest.  Claim fraud is widespread on all state election bureaus.  They can even lie about people in a SuperDome and Convention center without food or water for five days.  Or vaccines cause autism.  It must be true.  Fox News said so.

What comes next?  Paramilitary parades.  First less violent (ie Charlottesville).   And progressively more violent.  Extremist military style violence on peaceful demonstrators in Lafayette Park so that a president could have a photo op in front of the Episcopal Church.  Eventually enhanced violence in Washington DC to intentionally obstruct democratic and Constitutional operations.  Encouraged by a delusional Trump.

Henry_Quirk said he wants to 'wreck shit'.  They are doing what he advoctaed.  How can he separate himself from those who are only doing what he wanted?

All this will continue for the next four years.

In the meantime, violent attacks both in the press (and internet) so that moderates must fear for their lives (ie parents of Sandy Hook victims,  Dr Fauci and his wife).  Then random terrorist attacks (ie on Jewish synagogues - Pittsburgh et al) and bombings (ie Nashville, the Michigan State Capitol building).  Extremists said all this was good. Right wing extremist news sources did not avidly condemn them.

That should be a great concern to (and expressed here by) all citizens in countries that are American allies.

All this is how fascism subverts democracy.  Make civil discussion impossible.  And will eventually silence so many (those in other Cellar boards because, as moderates, they do not want to discuss or condemn what is happening).

We are watching slowly increasing attacks on democracy that occurred previously in Germany over 15 years.  These events happen because (as one historian noted) "The symbols of today enable the reality of tomorrow. ... Do not look away, and do not get used to them."  Since that is how extremists and despots become acceptable and popular among the many who do not think for themselves.

We already have tens of millions who are agentic (Person giving orders is perceived as being qualified to direct others. Person being ordered believes that authority will accept responsibility.)   A first step to fascism.  Followed by so many moderates who ignore it; assume it to be situation normal.

Those who promote fascism remain silent when posts, to promote extremism, are only cheapshots.  Instead of honest. factual discussion.  Has not happened so frequently here.  But it has happened here.  And the many guilty parties would not realize that they condoned that first step to fascism by remaining silent.  Just like in early Nazi Germany.

When one said he only wants to 'wreck shit', how many moderates here immediately condoned that fascist agenda by remaining silent.  Only a few noted that threat to democracy.

Washington DC today, inspired and encouraged by a delusional Trump, is simply a next step in a decade process of (multiple steps to) subverting democracy.

Why delusional?  Many responsible media sources are labeling Trump's latest lies.  Delusional.  As every moderate (and therefore patriotic) America should be openly discussing.  To remain silent is to accept those symbols of hate as acceptable.  Never forget that lesson from 1920 to 1933 Germany.

Burning the Reichstag or attacking the US Capitol - where is a difference?

Last edited by tw (1/06/2021 5:16 pm)

1/06/2021 6:15 pm  #4

Henry_Quirk said he wants to 'wreck shit'.  They are doing what he advoctaed.  How can he separate himself from those who are only doing what he wanted?

you really aren't the sharpest knife in the cupboard, are you?

seems no matter how many times a body explains himself -- as I did over in the old place -- you fixate on one construct, twistin'  it to suit your own purpose...just like a propagandist

hmm, mebbe you ain't so dumb after all...in fact, I have to say you're probably one of better-trained, well-honed blades I've run across

🌟 for bein' a great foot soldier

Last edited by henry_quirk (1/06/2021 6:32 pm)

1/06/2021 7:23 pm  #5

from philosophy now forum...

someone there wrote: So let's see...

The Democrats have been stoking the fires of hooliganism for months now, calling people who show up n black costumes, occupy buildings, throw bricks, burn and loot, who shoot people on the streets and burn churches  "peaceful protesters."  Two night ago, Portland rioters attacked the Justice Centre.  A night ago, thugs turned up at a representative's house to pound on his door and terrify his wife an one year old child, excusing it as an exercise of free speech and the right to protest.

Now protesters crash the capitol building, and the Dems are all in a flutter?

Sorry...no sympathy.  This is the bed you made.  Have a nice nap.

I responded: I can't agree...it was a bone-headed move...blm/antifa, for months, terrorized and got little negative coverage from the press and were aided by politicians who attempted to placate, even goin' so far as to have cops stand down

these folks in wash. are bein', and will continue to be, characterized as the worst kind of criminals...they played right into the enemy's hands with this trespassin' and window-breakin'...they jumped the gun and they did it in the worse possible way

to expand a bit: the majority who went to wash. went to protest, as in peacefully assemble, and had nuthin' to do with the riotous nonsense...but, the peaceable effort of those folks was more than overshadowed by the rioters (and that's what they are)

as for the protesters: it was a wasted effort from the start, even without the rioters messin' things up...they weren't gonna get fair coverage no matter what

1/06/2021 8:59 pm  #6

Sidebar:  You have a parish down there called "Jefferson Davis".  Any talk of changing its name?

1/06/2021 9:15 pm  #7

also from philosophy now...

someone commented: It’s easy enough for an antifa to put on a red hat.

I wrote: absolutely...so, with that in mind, coupled with the fact that even the most peaceful assembly wasn't gonna get a fair hearin' or fair coverage, why do such a thing?

no riots: disgruntled trump voters showed up in washington today...there were a few hundred...next, the weather

with riots (legit trumpers or antifa masqueraders): insurrectionists disrupt electoral process...stay tuned for more on this breaking story...in related news, president trump is accused of staging a coup, federal charges being considered

either way: what was won today? nuthin' by one side, everything by the other

-----

Any talk of changing its name?

https://www.katc.com/news/jeff-davis-parish/petition-started-to-change-the-name-of-jefferson-davis-parish

1/06/2021 10:17 pm  #8

Undertoad wrote:

Andy Ngo said it wasn't Antifa. That pretty much means it wasn't Antifa

okay

can't see how it matters

as I say...

no riots: disgruntled trump voters showed up in washington today...there were a few hundred...next, the weather

with riots (legit trumpers or antifa masqueraders): insurrectionists disrupt electoral process...stay tuned for more on this breaking story...in related news, president trump is accused of staging a coup, federal charges being considered

either way: what was won today? nuthin' by one side, everything by the other

1/06/2021 10:31 pm  #9

who won and what did they win?

Be Just And Fear Not

1/06/2021 10:32 pm  #10

BigV wrote:

who won and what did they win?

yeah, you ain't dumb...I bet you can figure out for yourself

1/06/2021 10:34 pm  #11

I don't think anybody won.  I think there were no winners today, but you're pretty definite about a different conclusion.  You're just as ain't dumb, but you are cagey about setting the terms of a debate or a conversation.  I'm giving you the chance to define those terms.

There, I said my position, assail away.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/06/2021 10:49 pm  #12

BigV wrote:

I don't think anybody won.  I think there were no winners today, but you're pretty definite about a different conclusion.  You're just as ain't dumb, but you are cagey about setting the terms of a debate or a conversation.  I'm giving you the chance to define those terms.

mebbe I'm cagey, mebbe I'm just tired and headin' to bed

forgive me for thinkin' you were more capable than you are

tomorrow, I'll give you thinkin' on who won what

1/07/2021 2:59 pm  #13

here you go, V...

up-thread, I wrote about how one side won nuthin' and the other won everything...now, while I still believe what happened yesterday was bone-headed, I've come to see the possible silver-linin', that bein' a buncha folks who didn't quite get it, now understand free men can't play the game the same way as the slavers, can't expect deferential treatment from slaver propagandists, can't expect redress from slavers

at this point, it's irrelevant who exactly the wash. rioters were (ORANGE MAN folks or masqueraders); today's nearly universal condemnation of the rioters, ORANGE MAN, and pretty much anyone who has anything even approachin' a favorable view of the guy, I hope, is rammin' the message home: protestin', votin',  arbitration, accommodation, compromise, appeasement and riotin' will not move the slaver...the slaver currently owns all that

and that leaves...?

(I got a cookie for whoever chimes in with the right answer)

1/07/2021 3:01 pm  #14

BigV wrote:

yeah, I'm cagey...this ain't my first rodeo

1/07/2021 9:33 pm  #15

who the fuck is enslaving you?

Or me, maybe I'M the slave and just don't know it.

Slave.  what bullshit.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/07/2021 9:45 pm  #16

henry_quirk wrote:

...this ain't my first rodeo

You are not Tom Selleck.

He got canceled.

1/07/2021 10:06 pm  #17

BigV wrote:

who the fuck is enslaving you?

Or me, maybe I'M the slave and just don't know it.

Slave.  what bullshit.

if the shoe fits, bubba

1/07/2021 10:07 pm  #18

tw wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

...this ain't my first rodeo

You are not Tom Selleck.

He got canceled.

and I haven't

1/08/2021 2:25 am  #19

I head Trump and Giuliani revved the crowd up pretty good.
I heard 4 dead, a woman shot inside the capitol by cops and 3 "medical emergencies" outside that died.
But I have yet to hear how many were arrested and jailed?

Word travels fast...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/08/2021 9:02 am  #20

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I head Trump and Giuliani revved the crowd up pretty good.
I heard 4 dead, a woman shot inside the capitol by cops and 3 "medical emergencies" outside that died.
But I have yet to hear how many were arrested and jailed?

I'm thinkin', when the affiliation of some of the rioters is uncovered, you'll see no arrests, or, at least, no reportin' on the arrests

no one wants to see their children publicly humiliated

1/08/2021 9:18 am  #21

When cops round up protesters on the street and arrest them, often those charges are quietly dropped 6 months later, except in cases where there is clear evidence that violence was perpetrated by a specific individual.

In this case, I expect that anyone arrested INSIDE the capitol building will have enough evidence against them of breaking and entering that they can and will be charged and prosecuted.  Any arrested outside will likely have any charges quietly dropped in a few months.

1/08/2021 11:46 am  #22

glatt wrote:

When cops round up protesters on the street and arrest them, often those charges are quietly dropped 6 months later, except in cases where there is clear evidence that violence was perpetrated by a specific individual.

In this case, I expect that anyone arrested INSIDE the capitol building will have enough evidence against them of breaking and entering that they can and will be charged and prosecuted.  Any arrested outside will likely have any charges quietly dropped in a few months.

we'll see

1/08/2021 12:49 pm  #23

The ones arrested outside were mostly arrested in the evening for curfew violations.

1/08/2021 2:55 pm  #24

1/08/2021 5:06 pm  #25

Happy Monkey wrote:

Here's one arrest.

my car radio sez the count is up to 13 (as in 13 who were in the buildin', insurrecting)

Board footera