cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2020 6:22 am  #51

Re: The Covid

Someone told me this first vaccine isn't for people allergic to penicillin but I haven't been able to verify that.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/22/2020 7:28 am  #52

I believe people who are highly allergic to other things are supposed to be cautious. Better ask a pro, all I've seen are reports that some folks need a day off to recover.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/22/2020 6:56 pm  #53

12/23/2020 4:57 pm  #54

People usually also cite the relevant point.

12/23/2020 6:22 pm  #55

tw wrote:

People usually also cite the relevant point.

context: note the thread

12/29/2020 10:34 am  #56

I'm going to take my COVID-19 test right now.  Back in a minute.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/29/2020 11:25 am  #57

I'm back.

I took the test and the results will be available later. The firm required a test for all employees who will be onsite through the first week of January, and that means me.  They provided the test which was shipped to me.  The test itself was trivial, nil orally for 30 minutes, spit into a small test tube, seal it with a cap filled with reagent, seal test tube in antistatic bag, bag back in the box, box back in the return shipping label.  Done.  The somewhat unexpected aspect was in the run-up to the test, I had to submit a photo of myself and during the sample collection process, I had to be supervised in a Zoom call.  My supervisor was Brittany, an emergency room worker (nurse? doctor?) who walked me through the steps.  It's done now and all I have to do is hand it off to UPS.

The saliva sample had to be sufficient to surpass a little fill line on the side of the tube and "Bubbles don't count".  I'm almost done here.

Here's the blister pack the collection tube came in (DO NOT OPEN UNTIL THE SUPERVISOR INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO SO).  You can see the little ridged cap containing the blue reagent.

The bag for the tube (see the little spit diaper, aawww), tube in the bag, bag in box, box in bag, etc, and off it goes.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/29/2020 3:41 pm  #58

Today I did my weekly drive through nasal swab. My sinus is tired of the insult.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/29/2020 4:40 pm  #59

Mom lives in an assisted living facility and she'll be getting the Pfizer vaccine this week.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/29/2020 5:08 pm  #60

There's the good news.

12/29/2020 9:12 pm  #61

More good news, Twil got her vaccine today.  She wanted the Moderna and she got it.  Both are two doses, but Moderna gives you four weeks between shots compared to Pfizer's three weeks.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/31/2020 8:29 am  #62

Saving 500 from Bill Gates' tracking device, hopefully they did a tik tok video to celebrate.

12/31/2020 11:35 am  #63

Update is they removed the vaccine from refrigeration on purpose.

12/31/2020 1:30 pm  #64

Why?

Did they really need room for cheese?  Because Green Bay is in the playoff?

Last edited by tw (12/31/2020 1:31 pm)

12/31/2020 9:37 pm  #65

Test result :

NEGATIVE.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/01/2021 7:50 am  #66

BigV wrote:

Test result :

NEGATIVE.

That was faster than I expected.

1/03/2021 3:51 am  #67

THE FUCKING LOCKDOWN.

SO SIMPLE EVEN A CHILD CAN UNDERSTAND.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/08/2021 3:12 am  #68

Cover your ass... I mean your toilet seat...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/08/2021 11:25 am  #69

Nice.  Paper toilet seat covers are awful.

1/08/2021 12:06 pm  #70

Happy Monkey wrote:

Nice.  Paper toilet seat covers are awful.

These aren't much better. there was/is a truck stop some where in the northeast that had these on their toilets they were fun to watch but they were slippery and they sucked.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/08/2021 6:57 pm  #71

According to the rules announced by Governor Inslee, I will be eligible to take the vaccine in March.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/08/2021 9:38 pm  #72

Happy Monkey wrote:

Paper toilet seat covers are awful.

No decent ass would touch liberally used paper.

1/09/2021 4:26 pm  #73

With a mutated variant of the virus laying waste to the NHS, and London in particular heading to breaking point, nearly 81,000 dead so far, and over 1000 dying daily...

They are a minority - but this variant is so much more contagious it doesn't take many small gatherings to ravage entire regions

1/09/2021 7:05 pm  #74

DanaC wrote:

They are a minority

They may be a minority.  But a minority that is massive.  That sliver only represents a large number of adults who are still children.  Who know only because they feel.  Who will ignore all facts to only entertain what their emotions instruct them.

For the same reason, a majority adamantly denied smoking kills.  Even when facts and science clearly said otherwise.  So many automatically knew vaccines caused autism.  Because a lying doctor and a bimbo, blond actress said so. She looks pretty.  So it must be true. Or that the election was stolen.  Because a man, who has lied everyday of his life and who enriches himself by constantly screwing others, said so.

They can be confronted by facts for hours everyday.  Will have those tantrums (just like a two year old) because such adults are incapable of logical thought.  Which means that cannot even understand this well proven concept from psychology.

Only way extremists can be educated is by so many friends who talk to their emotions.  Since a majority of friends, telling them what to believe, is the only way they will hear.

No way around this problem, that is created by massive media campaign, that promote lies.

Why do so many somehow know Listerine does something useful? No facts say so.  It is marketed to the emotional using soundbytes.  So it must be true.

1/09/2021 9:19 pm  #75

The Spanish flu circled the globe for 2 years. So take heart; we're halfway done.

Board footera