cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/11/2021 7:42 pm  #101

Re: What have you cooked recently

Dinner....ok...I cheated. Bruce cooked it yesterday. I just reheated the leftover chicken and Bob Evan mash potatoes. Hihi.....

1/11/2021 7:52 pm  #102

Looks good enough to Eat.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/24/2021 9:22 am  #103

I baked a loaf of rye bread this past week, been wanting some recently and the stuff on the supermarket shelves is pretty worthless in my opinion. I grew up on Long Island, my folks worked in the city and dad would buy these big loaves of rye from the Jewish bakeries that were really good. 

So I found a recipe on the King Arthur Flour website and ordered some of the ingredients from them. This recipe wasn't a sourdough and uses regular yeast but it is a slow rise and not kneaded much. You bake it in a Dutch oven to develop a good crust. 

It was really good and I guess I blew any kind of lower carb diet I started this month. 

I took some pictures. This one was taken with my Canon R mirrorless camera and a new lens I got from my wife for Christmas, a Lensbaby 56mm Velvet. Gives a sort of dreamy look. 

Last edited by Chrisinhouston (1/24/2021 9:23 am)

1/24/2021 10:30 am  #104

That looks amazing. I'm also reducing carbs but I'll take a corned beef and Swiss please.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/24/2021 3:27 pm  #105

Pastrami and Gouda for me please.

1/25/2021 12:04 am  #106

Tonight, Scottish shortbread * 2 (first one pictured, doesn't look like that any more, always bake two because first somehow seems to mysteriously evaporate) and a blueberry upside-down pudding kind of a thing/experiment.  pictured fresh out of the oven, was not particularly co-operative in later inversion attempts so maybe renamed blueberry fruit-on-the-bottom pudding.  I was using up blueberries a certain dear relative requested because they really really wanted to make blueberry muffins ...then they didn't :/  Basically blueberries and brown sugar in the bottom of the dish then covered with sponge cake mixture/pound cake batter (I'm bilingual, you know ;) )

Last edited by monster (1/25/2021 5:44 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/25/2021 7:39 pm  #107

That's appropriate for Burns Night.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/26/2021 12:42 am  #108

Whip up some Jellied Moose Nose...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/26/2021 5:20 am  #109

Looks like it sounds.

ETA: Posted a few times, now the Captchas start.

I can't see these fucking things!  I'm using Windows Magnifier Thingy, ands wearing reader's and I can't see the fucking things!!!

Last edited by Gravdigr (1/26/2021 5:23 am)

1/26/2021 3:59 pm  #110

Gravdigr wrote:

Looks like it sounds.

ETA: Posted a few times, now the Captchas start.

I can't see these fucking things!  I'm using Windows Magnifier Thingy, ands wearing reader's and I can't see the fucking things!!!

Just 19 more posts to go, bro

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/03/2021 3:15 pm  #111

cheeseburger pie!

Living life on the edge.

2/03/2021 3:30 pm  #112

That looks so good.  We call that cheeseburger pie, and it's one of my favorites.  What do you call it?

2/03/2021 3:59 pm  #113

Cheeseburger pie 😁.
It’s from an American recipe I got from Wolf on some other forum.

Living life on the edge.

2/03/2021 6:32 pm  #114

Yummy!

2/03/2021 6:56 pm  #115

Looks tasty Limey!!  I made these again.  They looked completely different this time, but I haven't taken pictures   It's a recipe I go back to again and again (bonus shaved Tess in the background)

2/03/2021 9:32 pm  #116

Roast chicken, roast potatoes, steamed broccoli and gravy.  But I was too hungry to take pix :D

2/22/2021 6:57 pm  #117

I made orange chicken again, but I didn't feel like making meatballs, so I just cut it up

Another version of sheet pan breakfast

Slow cooked chicken

Chicken, asparagus, spaetzle, and coleslaw tonight

Last week, I made some fried pork chops.  I didn't use as much oil as I'd like, but I'm trying to be healthy

A while ago (but never posted), I made a pizza with yogurt dough.  Not bad, but could definitely use some improvements

Also - bonus chicken biscuit from an awesome place.  Since it was my birthday, I got bacon and cheese on it.

2/22/2021 9:00 pm  #118

Last night's dinner: Cod in Parsley sauce with potatoes and peas.  Not very fancy, but yum

2/23/2021 7:01 am  #119

I've been enjoying simple foods more lately.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/23/2021 8:38 am  #120

just the cooking is a victory, tbh.  i bought a bunch of parsley to tempt myself.  Way too many spuds, but cooking for one.... :/

2/23/2021 9:34 am  #121

monster wrote:

just the cooking is a victory, tbh.  i bought a bunch of parsley to tempt myself.  Way too many spuds, but cooking for one.... :/

Fried spuds for breakfast?

Living life on the edge.

2/23/2021 7:39 pm  #122

monster wrote:

There are some days that the last thing I want to do is cook.  It's just me, too.  It helps me to cook once or twice a week (depending on the food).  Then, I can just reheat it

2/23/2021 11:00 pm  #123

Limey wrote:

monster wrote:

Fried spuds for breakfast?

that happens sometimes........ I have been known to deliberately cook too many :D

Just as a point of self-congratulation, I also cooked rainbow trout with asparagus and pasta, and an enormous pot of Bol last week, so I was rockin' it :D

(dinner today was pasta-bol with kale :D )

2/26/2021 10:27 pm  #124

last night, I baked orange cake

today, I ate most of it.  It's delicious.  I kind of feel I should take slices to share with my friends after our walk tomorrow but... well... it's delicious.... 

2/27/2021 9:02 am  #125

Looks delicious!

Board footera