cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2021 7:15 am  #126

Re: The Covid

He was hired to not wreck shit, we'll see how it goes.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/24/2021 7:53 am  #127

Diplomacy, to be effective, needs partners. If the consuming West and some Eastern partners come together they can put some economic pressure on China. The wrecking guy loved big dramatic go it alone pronouncements that lacked the strength of numbers required to really pressure China.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/24/2021 8:35 am  #128

griff wrote:

But he will.

2/24/2021 8:37 am  #129

griff wrote:

Diplomacy, to be effective, needs partners. If the consuming West and some Eastern partners come together they can put some economic pressure on China. The wrecking guy loved big dramatic go it alone pronouncements that lacked the strength of numbers required to really pressure China.

China won't move...we will...just like we been doin' for years.

2/24/2021 9:58 am  #130

henry_quirk wrote:

griff wrote:

But he will.

Then I guess you can't complain about him.

2/24/2021 10:20 am  #131

Clodfobble wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

griff wrote:

But he will.

Then I guess you can't complain about him.

But I will.

2/24/2021 12:47 pm  #132

Flint wrote:

come on man, you're supposed to say something to get back at me

UT will not come out and play.  Bawwwh.

2/24/2021 1:10 pm  #133

https://www.aier.org/article/covid-case-like-political-careers-are-dropping-like-rocks/

The whole piece is good, but this stands out...

Death data seems more decisively accurate but there are reporting lags that can delay accuracy by many weeks. In addition, there is an error term (how large?) due to misclassification. The CDC itself has made it clear that only in 6% of death cases is SARS-CoV-2 mentioned as the only cause. Those are the easy ones to classify. After that, it gets more complicated. “For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 3.8 additional conditions or causes per death,” says the CDC. Sorting all this out will require years of work in looking at death certificates and weighing factors.

As I say, have been sayin' for a long time: dyin' with beer virus, not from beer virus.

Hoodwinked, hard.

2/24/2021 2:09 pm  #134

Ain't lookin' to debate it. I only offer the info as any good troll would: what you do with it is your business. I frankly don't give a flip what kinda hysteria folks wanna mire themselves in. Me: maskless, not locked up, not injected, and healthy as a mule.

2/24/2021 3:01 pm  #135

Undertoad wrote:

it was productive to refute, i think we have a win-win here

👍

2/25/2021 4:59 pm  #136

Undertoad wrote:

Undertoad wrote:

China now has drive-thru anal swab locations

urgh

China Gave US Diplomats Anal COVID Tests ‘In Error,’ American Officials Say

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/05/2021 12:58 pm  #137

My perfectly healthy 18 year old son with no underlying conditions and no front line job just got his first vaccine shot today.  It's good that he's currently living in the state of New Mexico, which apparently has no demand for the vaccine.

3/05/2021 5:49 pm  #138

I got my first shot today. Mr Limey was scheduled to, too, but he was at work (facing the public) so unable to attend. I hope they schedule a doable time for him soon.

Living life on the edge.

3/05/2021 9:57 pm  #139

I found my first advantage to being 50 -in MI, we'll be eligible within a couple of weeks.  technically next week because I am asthmatic, but I barely ever have to medicate, so I'm not going to jostle with those who do

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/06/2021 8:28 am  #140

All the surviving old-timers in my family have their first shot. this is good.

3/06/2021 11:22 am  #141

3/06/2021 12:41 pm  #142

Got Pfized 2/24, next 3/17.
Wearing a mask costs nothing. And works.
Americans should have gotten the same results from having their heads up their asses. 

3/06/2021 1:44 pm  #143

You're not alone Henry, I heard a third of the active duty and reserve troops have refused.
Of course they are primarily young and healthy so they're betting it would be mild in not asymptomatic.
I don't have that option as contracting it would be a death knell because I can't walk on water like you.
But don't give up hope, covid-19 and it's children will be around for many many years.

PA has 67 counties but Philly is getting vaccine from the feds.
Of the rest the top 10 are
County ...........Population.....Total Doses.. Doses/1,000....Rank
Montour.........18,259............ 44,585.......... 2,442 .............. 1
Clarion...........38,715............ 22,480 ......... 581...................2
Mifflin.............46,276............ 26,520 ..........573 ..................3
Elk.................30,340........... 17,145............565 ..................4
Mercer...........111,518........... 59,800..........536...................5
Lehigh...........365,052......... 167,025.........458...................6
Bradford........60,963........... 24,715............405................... 7
Lycoming......114,330 ......... 39,065............342...................8
Luzerne........ 317,663..........101,015 .........318.................9
Lackawanna..210,652 ........ 66,265.......... 315 ................10
My county...
Delaware......564,554......... 75,580...........134..................46

I’m in the 1-A group but so are 152,000 that have pre-registered

♫ And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...♪

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (3/06/2021 1:45 pm)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/06/2021 2:07 pm  #144

Yeah, Texas alone will be a great reservoir for new variants of the virus. Remember when Texas went to court because  PA ran a free and fair election? We should sue their ass for this under the commerce clause.  Degrasse Tyson compared it to having a peeing section in a swimming pool.

4/04/2021 11:18 am  #145

They are finding that sunshine kills the shit out of this virus. Texas has that in spades but California should as well. I'm just hoping that we learn something from all this not just reinforce platitudes. I haven't looked at the numbers but heard a blurb on the news about Chile shitting the bed despite a strong vaccination program.

4/04/2021 5:46 pm  #146

I got shot one of two from Moderna through work last week.  The message was come to the building at 3 pm for your shot.  I was there twenty minutes early and the line was around the block.  The person monitoring the line counted noses working her way toward the end of the line.  She stopped at the fellow just in front of me and said to him and the few people ahead of him, "You guys will be getting your shot today."  

wtf.

She then turned toward me and the few people behind me and said, "But I need about ten people to stay as standby."  This was completely different than the message I got that said to come for my shot, but I stayed anyhow.  By the time we were within twenty people from the door, they gave us an assurance that we'd be getting our shot today.  Then by the time I was at the intake table, they were having people phone their friends looking for four more people RIGHT NOW.  Not sure if they got arms for all the shots, probably they did.

So I'm looking for another appointment in about three weeks for my second shot.  I had minor soreness in the area around the injection site, but no other side effects of note.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/05/2021 9:06 am  #147

henry_quirk wrote:

550,000 people are laughing at this cute post.

Weaponized Funk

4/05/2021 9:07 am  #148

My second shot is 4/15.

Weaponized Funk

4/05/2021 2:01 pm  #149

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

550,000 people are laughing at this cute post.

Most who mebbe died with beer virus, not from beer virus.

And laughin', from the grave? I'd like a ticket to that show...in fact...

4/05/2021 5:40 pm  #150

Luce wrote:

My second shot is 4/15.

Nice!

Board footera