cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/09/2021 12:11 am  #1

Nobody is Worthless

Don't let anyone tell you you're worthless...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/09/2021 10:47 am  #2

Re: Nobody is Worthless

Insurance companies once determined the value of a human body was about $1million.  That number must have increased since then.

That same number determined it was cheaper to keep making defective  Firestone 500  tires rather than fix the design  Then pay, for life, the many paraplegics and quadriplegics that were created.  Its so much easier to justify murder when bean counters use their numbers, such as value of a human body.  And not numbers based in reality.

6/09/2021 11:33 am  #3

Clicking on pic link still kills this page and opens new one.
But today it actually opens the pic.  After copying and pasting from IE to Chrome, of course.

6/09/2021 2:10 pm  #4

I'll be honest... no one can vouch for anything that Internet Explorer does anymore. Not even Microsoft has been willing to deal with it since 2016. I, of all people, understand being resistant to change, but you've got to get off IE, man.

6/09/2021 4:06 pm  #5

At least to Edge.

Even I got a new 'puter, man.

I mean, if I can do it, JFC.

Having said that, I hate this fucking thing and everything about Win10.  This morning I found a thing on my taskbar that shows the temp and curent weather conditions.  I click it and it wants me to open like 15 news articles.

So, that's why it took forfuckingever to come on.  It updated itself overnight.  Now I can't get rid of this fucking weather thing, and my internet slows to a crawl every now and then, presumably to load a bunch of fucking shit I don't want or need.

Fuck Win10.

Also, fuck you Jake From State Farm, you lying son of a bitch.

[/offtopicrant]

Last edited by Gravdigr (6/09/2021 4:06 pm)

6/09/2021 5:51 pm  #6

I hate Edge with SUCH a passion.  It's so obnoxious.  i just switched completely to Chrome :/

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/09/2021 5:58 pm  #7

Gravdigr, go to Cnet downloads and get a utility called 'Revo Uninstaller'
It has a standard 'junk file' cleaner, its uninstall routine eradicates every trace of a program's existence, AND-- you can deselect BS that you don't want running at startup. It can eliminate all that bloaty BS with a simple point-and-click GUI.

Last edited by Flint (6/09/2021 5:59 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

6/09/2021 8:07 pm  #8

I got the stupid new weather thing, too. Here's how to get rid of it:

Right-click the little cloud/weather thing
Scroll up to "News and Interests" and hover for the extended menu
Choose "Turn off"

6/09/2021 9:09 pm  #9

Thank you, Ms Fobble.  I appreciate that info, and it worked, too.  Stupid me,  looking for info about the thing in and around the thing.

I wouldn't have minded the weather thing, but the recurring slow downs were a little (lot) too much.

Like I don't know how to get news, or follow up on my own interests.  Pfft.

6/09/2021 10:37 pm  #10

Flint wrote:

Gravdigr, go to Cnet downloads and get a utility called 'Revo Uninstaller'
It has a standard 'junk file' cleaner, its uninstall routine eradicates every trace of a program's existence, AND-- you can deselect BS that you don't want running at startup. It can eliminate all that bloaty BS with a simple point-and-click GUI.

Noted, and thanks.

Board footera