cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/22/2021 1:59 am  #1

Heads up, coming through, hot stuff...

Don't hurt yourself....

I remember guys at work would bring in jars of home made pepper relish and  french or Italian bread.
They'd stand around eating that shit and tell each other how good it was while a mixture of tears and sweat rolled down their bright red faces.
One guy said he made some the evening before then went to bed. He was snuggling with his wife and she asked him if he washed his hands real well. He freaked and apologizing started to get up to scrub his hands again, but his wife stopped him saying, "wait, lets see how warm it gets".

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (6/22/2021 2:00 am)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/22/2021 3:00 pm  #2

Re: Heads up, coming through, hot stuff...

I can tolerate a pretty high amount of spice in my food, but the one time I accidentally rubbed my nose after chopping jalapenos... hoo boy. I got so desperate I shoved ice cream up my nostrils. It didn't help.

6/22/2021 5:37 pm  #3

There is a point somewhere around ghost pepper where pleasure shifts to pain. My favorite wing place has some serious hot wings which I can enjoy in small numbers but if over done can really ruin my guts. http://oldunionhotel.com/ Their Carolina Gold can be eaten in quantity.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/22/2021 6:21 pm  #4

Ooh, sounds like a good place to stay away from, I'm salivating at the menu.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/23/2021 5:52 am  #5

No kidding, your Doc might yell at you.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/23/2021 11:34 am  #6

Does anyone remember Robert Hall Clothes?  Well this has almost nothing to do with them, except I worked at one when I was sixteen.
I was the low man, of course, doing all the back room stuff and allowed out front to replace stock.
The "princes" of the staff were the salesmen.  Besides preying on the public, one group liked to compete in pepper eating toughness. 
As the gopher, I was sent out to get food for them, so they could stay and sell.
Well, most of the little fast food places there in San Gabriel were Mexican-family owned and I discovered they usually had some private stock peppers they would give me to give the hotshots back at the store.
Ah, the delights of macho posturing and "saving face." 
To the red faces, tears and sweat Bruce mentions, add wheezing, snot, coughing, speechlessness and futile rushing to the bathroom.
I can't help laughing as I write this 64 years later.  

Board footera