cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2021 1:15 am  #26

Re: Food is good, but what are you drinking?

The Peanut is 70 proof and strong flavor, the chocolate is 65 proof and mild flavor.
I was told to buy the PB and the chocolate was in the cut open display box next to the PB instead of over with it's family in their display. I thought they might be lovers and didn't have the heart to break them up. Maybe a hidden camera would find out if they're just friends.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/07/2021 4:15 am  #27

Ew. Nasty. (And I like peanut butter, chocolate and whiskey. Just not in the same glass!)

Living life on the edge.

4/07/2021 11:18 pm  #28

You want to talk about nasty, the person who recommended the peanut butter mixes it with diet coke.
You know, the liquid that drains off piles of chicken manure. 

4/08/2021 1:02 pm  #29

Since I took the 'beetus, I've pretty much given up drinking.  Anything.  One day a week I drink/eat what I want, and don't worry 'bout the 'beetus, but I still don't drink sugary drinks (just the cool refreshing beverages manufactured by AnnheuserBusch). 

Diet Coke is pretty much as Bruce describes it.  I thought I would eventually get used to the diet sodas.

Nope.

Last edited by Gravdigr (4/08/2021 1:03 pm)

4/08/2021 8:00 pm  #30

Limey wrote:

Together would be good, too.

QFT

One of the most delicious, satisfying, fortifying and copied but never duplicated cocktails I ever had the sublime pleasure to experience was a Fogcutter from a restaurant/pub/bar/??? open late in Portland, Oregon.  Twil and I had just finished a whole day of roller derby championship bouts and as we walked back to the hotel, it was COLD  outside, baby.  We sought refuge, sustenance, and fortification.  

We ordered some food, whatev.  And I got a Fogcutter (I don't remember Twil's order, don't @ me).  It was server in a big coffee mug, steaming hot, smelling strongly of strong coffee (this is where I fell in love) then I picked it up in my frostbitten hands (it was below freezing the night we were walking back to the hotel) and that's when I felt the love.  Gawd.

I actually asked the server for the recipe and I stopped on our way home to find the espresso liqueur called for (I can't recall the name now, it's all been filtered and flushed long ago) and hot coffee and ... rum?  Bourbon?  Mine were never as good, could never have been.  But I do like coffee and fortified coffee is even better in the right conditions.

Good call Limey!

Be Just And Fear Not

7/01/2021 4:21 pm  #31

DIY Amaretto... cheap.

As a diabetic I'll pass.

7/04/2021 8:46 am  #32

what are you drinking?

Diet Twist-Up.

It's not horrible.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/04/2021 7:15 pm  #33

Sounds like a euphemism for an enema 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/04/2021 9:19 pm  #34

No, no, you're thinking of Intestine Twist-Up...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/04/2021 10:13 pm  #35

but those already-skinny chicks who think they might lose a couple of pounds getting a thorough clean-out but don't have time for a 10-day juice cleanse........

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/08/2021 1:55 am  #36

BUD, bu not Chelada...

10/15/2021 5:35 pm  #37

Bourbon, neat.

Just exactly like this guy:

ok, not *exactly*, but he's not completely wrong.

Be Just And Fear Not

12/02/2021 4:01 pm  #38

Beer...

12/03/2021 6:23 pm  #39

About to break open the Powers whiskey

12/03/2021 6:44 pm  #40

Diet Twist Up.

Fuck diebeetus.

4/19/2022 11:40 pm  #41

Food is essential for health, but water is also essential, the body needs more water than essential nutrients. Water helps in flushing out toxins from the body and also helps in weight control. Drinking water properly will not have any adverse effects on your body.

4/22/2022 3:48 am  #42

Water.

4/22/2022 9:56 pm  #43

elizabethbrown wrote:

Food is essential for health, but water is also essential, the body needs more water than essential nutrients. Water helps in flushing out toxins from the body and also helps in weight control. Drinking water properly will not have any adverse effects on your body.

oh dear.  let's play a game: what is about to be linked to/shilled here....

Lizzie.......... water is more essential than food. if you get neither, you'll die from dehydration first.
            ...... water is found in all beverages. Pretty much all things drinkable. One does not need to drink 'pure" or "smart" or "enhanced"  water to stay well hydrated. That said, it's not necessarily a good idea health-wise to drink anything you can (bleach for example), but beer, coffee, wine, coke..... all serve to satisfy the body's water requirement.  There may be side effects... but they do the trick.
            ...... drinking water "properly"???  Properly = open mouth, insert water, swallow.  If you feel the need to go ahead and re-edjumate me on this, please provide links to verified scientific articles which were not funded by any entity with a financial interest on branded water or similar products.

Oh and welcome to Teh Cellar.....;)

Yeah, I know but.......

4/23/2022 11:39 am  #44

Well, you could mess up drinking water by having it go down the wrong pipe.  Or you could drink too much and die of water intoxication. 

Last edited by Happy Monkey (4/23/2022 11:39 am)

4/23/2022 5:18 pm  #45

Undertoad wrote:

Fun fact: a head of iceberg lettuce contains like a 32 oz bottle of water

Sad fact: people will complain that iceberg does not have much nutrition in it while they drink a bottle of water

Sadder fact: people will complain about the lack of nutrition in iceberg lettuce and just not eat a vegetable rather than replace it with something better.

oh.  I am drinking beer.  who's shocked?

4/24/2022 4:32 am  #46

I'm trying to drink more water, I'm serious I might start snacking on heads of lettuce

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

4/24/2022 7:54 am  #47

Flint wrote:

I'm trying to drink more water, I'm serious I might start snacking on heads of lettuce

I snack on cucumbers for that reason

4/29/2022 10:51 pm  #48

More liquid is good...

Unfortunately Schlitz isn't anymore, because an MBA decided he could increase profit by eliminating most of the ageing time. He failed.

5/02/2022 6:43 pm  #49

Take this medication with a meal and a full, large glass of water.

So, water.  I just took my first Imatinib tablet.  400 mgs worth.

It's the wrongest feeling thing I've ever done.  There was not the tiniest part of me that was not screaming 'Don't take that pill!!!'

And I took it anyway.

30 pills, btw.  $5400.

To treat a disease I can't even tell I have.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (5/02/2022 6:44 pm)

5/03/2022 5:51 am  #50

I feel for you man, this is a tough row to hoe.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

Board footera