cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2024 11:32 pm  #1

Pizza

It was bad enough when the Canadians started adding pineapple.
Confession, I love pineapple, I eat it every day at breakfast and I love Pizza too. Duh.
But there are heathens out there committing heresy...

​Savages, uncouth, heathens, troglodytes. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/13/2024 8:45 am  #2

Re: Pizza

For fucks sake

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/13/2024 8:49 am  #3

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/13/2024 2:46 pm  #4

A wise man is he.

or maybe a wise ass. 

1/13/2024 7:54 pm  #5

I'm no John Stewart fan, but that was pretty good.

Drowning in my pizza is not the way I would choose, but...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

1/14/2024 10:20 pm  #6

I'm originally from Chicago and the kind pictured below is actually more popular there (than deep-dish) and it's the way my father would make them at home:

Chicago-style tavern-style thin-crust pizza

...While in New York, bakers who had immigrated from Italy made pizzas using the traditional method of tossing the dough by hand; the tavern owners who first developed Chicago's thin-crust pizza instead rolled their dough or used mechanical sheeters. This led to thinner crusts than those present in hand-tossed pizzas.

This pizza is cut into squares, also known as "tavern-style" or "party cut", as opposed to wedges. The name "tavern-style" comes from the pizzas originally being served in taverns, often as an enticement to drink alcohol. This origin in taverns is also linked to the pizza's shape, as the square shape of the slices made it possible for taverns that did not have plates to instead set them on napkins....

1/15/2024 7:10 am  #7

One of my favorite local places, Consul's in Endicott, cuts their grilled like that. They use a piece of butcher paper instead of a box for to go.

1/16/2024 7:50 pm  #8

Anon wrote:

I'm originally from Chicago and the kind pictured below is actually more popular there (than deep-dish) and it's the way my father would make them at home:

Exactly. Deep dish pizza is not pizza. It's a casserole.

1/19/2024 10:34 pm  #9

In Philly, I grew up midway between Taconelli's (thin crust pizza) and Santucci's Square Pie. 

<sigh> not allowed to post a link or picture yet. But I posted and then came back and added the picture. 

don't tell the spammers.

Trust me, just look up Santucci's Square Pie. Don't drool. 

Last edited by meph (1/19/2024 10:54 pm)

--
Former Cellar.org and KAOS user from the distant past. 

1/21/2024 3:22 pm  #10

you Devil, you.

1/22/2024 7:03 am  #11

When I was a kid we had a place nearby that did tomato pie. I'm not sure if they kept it up.

1/22/2024 2:51 pm  #12

What kind of pizza is a pie face?

1/22/2024 7:53 pm  #13

Ya hafta ask for the Pam Tillis,,,

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/14/2024 1:24 am  #14

I remember 19¢ burgers but not this cheap pizza...

They didn't shred the cheese??

Board footera