cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2021 9:30 pm  #76

Re: The Covid

Always look at the bright side of life!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/09/2021 10:31 pm  #77

griff wrote:

Always look at the bright side of life!

I heartily agree!!

Now, with music and lyrics!

Be Just And Fear Not

1/10/2021 1:37 am  #78

This doctor posted...
"I am a physician in private practice in [redacted]. We have just been approved to order and administer the vaccine to tier-appropriate patients.
Medicare has approved a payment of 18$ for the first shot and 28$ for the second.
As far as we can determine we will not be allowed to bill for an office visit so that is the entire amount we will receive for registering the patients, screening then for covid outside of the office, taking their vital signs, taking a history to see if there are any contraindications to the vaccine, administering the vaccine, observing them in the clinic for a minimum of 15 minutes up to 30 minutes depending on their history, and recalling them in 28 days and going through most of the same procedure again, minus the registration and history.
There is also an extensive regime of recording and reporting all vaccination data daily to the state government. We had anticipated hiring someone to manage this new service due to the amount of new work that is required. At this rate we might be able to give 10 shots an hour in each of our 3 clinics if we see no other patients for illness, injury, or covid testing.
Do I need to say that we cannot possibly afford to do this for the reimbursement offered. The alternative is for patients to receive the vaccine in some state funded site or clinic. That may take a very long time to roll out."

The peanut gallery tore him a new asshole.  You're just greedy - 2 minutes to give a shot -  just write down their name, shot, done - profiteering pandemic, you make me sick - etc, etc, yada, yada.

These people can't grasp, or don't want to, how much paperwork and record keeping is involved, not to mention scheduling and getting people back for the second round. If they miss that 2nd appointment they can't just slide into the next available slot, there is no slots because the people coming through for the first are getting all the slots 3 or 4 weeks out.
Maybe they're anti-vaxers but more likely just stupid. No, that's not fair, just willfully uninformed. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/10/2021 12:38 pm  #79

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

This doctor posted...
"I am a physician in private practice in [redacted]. We have just been approved to order and administer the vaccine to tier-appropriate patients.
Medicare has approved a payment of 18$ for the first shot and 28$ for the second.
As far as we can determine we will not be allowed to bill for an office visit so that is the entire amount we will receive for registering the patients, screening then for covid outside of the office, taking their vital signs, taking a history to see if there are any contraindications to the vaccine, administering the vaccine, observing them in the clinic for a minimum of 15 minutes up to 30 minutes depending on their history, and recalling them in 28 days and going through most of the same procedure again, minus the registration and history.
There is also an extensive regime of recording and reporting all vaccination data daily to the state government. We had anticipated hiring someone to manage this new service due to the amount of new work that is required. At this rate we might be able to give 10 shots an hour in each of our 3 clinics if we see no other patients for illness, injury, or covid testing.
Do I need to say that we cannot possibly afford to do this for the reimbursement offered. The alternative is for patients to receive the vaccine in some state funded site or clinic. That may take a very long time to roll out."

The peanut gallery tore him a new asshole.  You're just greedy - 2 minutes to give a shot -  just write down their name, shot, done - profiteering pandemic, you make me sick - etc, etc, yada, yada.

These people can't grasp, or don't want to, how much paperwork and record keeping is involved, not to mention scheduling and getting people back for the second round. If they miss that 2nd appointment they can't just slide into the next available slot, there is no slots because the people coming through for the first are getting all the slots 3 or 4 weeks out.
Maybe they're anti-vaxers but more likely just stupid. No, that's not fair, just willfully uninformed

QFT.

This is what's happening.  The doctor's right, it's gonna take a ver long time to roll out this vaccine.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/26/2021 12:19 am  #80

The latest vaccine coming out is a single shot which cuts the paperwork big time.
Doing away with trying to herd cats in for a second shot at 21 or 28 days is a godsend.

1/26/2021 6:59 am  #81

The numbers are supposed to be decreasing locally but I'm seeing a lot more at work and in the community generally. My relatives got it but not from being careful. If they get my MiL sick I'll be pissed.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/26/2021 7:32 am  #82

Moderna has a booster for the new variants...

1/26/2021 9:25 am  #83

Our neighbors a few houses away got it, and they are bewildered.  They have been pretty careful. 3 out of 5 tested positive, and now they are wearing masks in the house together. Hard to quarantine in the same house. 

My wife goes for walks 3 days a week with the mom, who tested negative, but now the two of them will wear masks, in addition to already walking on opposite sides of of the street from one another as they chat with their airpods on their cell phones.

1/26/2021 6:15 pm  #84

The new variants are supposed to be really talented.

1/26/2021 6:47 pm  #85

griff wrote:

The new variants are supposed to be really talented.

Does that mean the Gong Show can make a comeback?

The Unknown Comic?  Another example of bad virus?

1/26/2021 11:46 pm  #86

Maps Mania  https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/01/16/1016264/covid-vaccine-acceptance-us-county/amp/ 
has an interactive map you can zoom in on counties that will tell you the % of people likely to get a shot or not.
This isn't about availability, it's about willingness.

1/27/2021 7:09 am  #87

The more virus we have running around, the more mutations we'll have, the better chance we have of hitting the Jackpot! I hope we don't create a species jumper, the rest of the mammals on this planet don't deserve it.

1/28/2021 6:30 pm  #88

On the subject of mutations. Two salient points:

1.) The South African mutation has been tested on serum from people already infected with, and immune to, the original strain. About half the time, the existing antibodies can't kill it.

2.) The new Brazilian mutation is way worse. A city called Manaus, that got hit very hard last year and had about 75% immunity in the surviving population, has once again seen skyrocketing cases of the new variant. The math is all estimates, but it appears as if the old immunity is 100% ineffective.

1/28/2021 9:31 pm  #89

Covid-19.  Covid-20.  Covid-21.  Wack-A-Mole!

1/29/2021 3:18 am  #90

I heard the feds didn't push N95 masks because they were afraid they would go the way of toilet paper and not be available for medical people. Guess they didn't know how many assholes wouldn't wear any.

1/29/2021 8:21 am  #91

I've only this week started seeing them for sale.

KN95 is all I had seen before.

1/29/2021 9:13 am  #92

According to this piece - 
https://www.rollingstone.com/product-recommendations/lifestyle/n95-vs-kn95-masks-1044184/

There may be a breath-ability difference but the KN should be protective.

Admittedly, I'm using the wrong mask(s). Against our current variant, the precautions I take should be sufficient. The rise of new variants makes me want to reassess. The recreation situation is pure mental health for me. I would completely crack without it.

1/29/2021 9:18 am  #93

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/01/28/961637249/investigation-cuomo-team-undercounted-n-y-covid-19-nursing-home-deathsInvestigation: Cuomo Team Undercounted N.Y. COVID-19 Nursing Home Deaths
This has been an open secret for a while. One more reason not to let them store you in one of these facilities.

1/30/2021 7:01 pm  #94

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I heard the feds didn't push N95 masks because they were afraid they would go the way of toilet paper and not be available for medical people. Guess they didn't know how many assholes wouldn't wear any.

and while we're on the subject...

1/30/2021 7:02 pm  #95

1/31/2021 2:41 am  #96

The Covi-D came from over the sea
He may catch all the others, but he won’t catch me
No you won’t catch me, old Covi-D
You may catch all the others, but you wo–

1/31/2021 8:32 am  #97

Dodger Stadium’s COVID-19 vaccination site temporarily shut down after protesters gather at entrance“This is the wrong message,” Jaquez said. “I’ve been waiting for weeks to get an appointment. I am a dentist; I am taking a big risk being around patients. I want to be safe for my patients and for my family. The vaccine is the only way to beat the virus.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-30/dodger-stadiums-covid-19-vaccination-site-shutdown-after-dozens-of-protesters-gather-at-entrance

I would be outraged if I wasn't so exhausted from living around these profoundly stupid mother fuckers.

A post on social media described the demonstration as the “Scamdemic Protest/March.” It advised participants to “please refrain from wearing Trump/MAGA attire as we want our statement to resonate with the sheeple. No flags but informational signs only.

1/31/2021 9:04 am  #98

a tail of woe

stick the swab
up my ass
do it hard
do it fast

make me squeal
like a lil pig
my ass cheeks jiggle
jiggity-jig

don't go too far
with that stick
it might get lost
and then I'm sick

to the e.r. place
I must go
to fish out the swab
from down below

1/31/2021 9:40 am  #99

All true.

1/31/2021 9:47 am  #100

50 people

coulda just been one: one guy raisin' a ruckus and it still woulda been outrageous

don't you know nuthin'?

it's not the number; it's the wrong-think

e. b. hall's bones spin, at light-speed, in whatever lonely hole she's interred

Board footera