cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2020 11:35 am  #76

Re: The Covid

Update is they removed the vaccine from refrigeration on purpose.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/31/2020 1:30 pm  #77

Why?

Did they really need room for cheese?  Because Green Bay is in the playoff?

Last edited by tw (12/31/2020 1:31 pm)

12/31/2020 2:40 pm  #78

West Virginia accidentally gives 42 people COVID-19 treatment instead of vaccine

The West Virginia National Guard admitted Thursday that 42 people expecting to receive the Moderna vaccine for COVID-19 were instead accidentally given the Regeneron antibody used to treat infections.

The mistake occurred at a vaccination clinic hosted by staff at the Boone County Health Department, and all of the people who accidentally received the wrong product are being contacted by the department, the National Guard said in a statement. 

Medical experts with the Joint Interagency Task Force said they do not believe the individuals given the wrong injection are at risk of any harm.

"The moment that we were notified of what happened, we acted right away to correct it, and we immediately reviewed and strengthened our protocols to enhance our distribution process to prevent this from happening again," Maj. Gen. James Hoyer, adjutant general of the West Virginia National Guard, said in a statement.

Regeneron has been touted by President Trump as helping to cure him of COVID-19 when he contracted the virus in November.

Shortly after, the Food and Drug Administration greenlighted emergency use of the experimental treatment, which involves monoclonal antibodies or manufactured copies of antibodies created by the human body to help fight infections.

"The products administered are antibodies that fight COVID-19," Dr. Clay Marsh, the state's COVID-19 czar, said in a statement. "While this injection is not harmful, it was substituted for the vaccine. But this occurrence provides our leadership team an important opportunity to review and improve the safety and process of vaccination for each West Virginian." 

Looks like they're going to have to teach their National Guard how to read.

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Sexobon by any other name...

https://i.postimg.cc/ncDVm6qL/holiday-Lights.gif

Prior dwellar with no account here? No problem. Use the longtime cellar.org anonymous account password to login and post as Grandfather. You're grandfathered in and we're happy to hear from you on this loaner account.

12/31/2020 9:37 pm  #79

Test result :

NEGATIVE.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/01/2021 7:50 am  #80

BigV wrote:

Test result :

NEGATIVE.

That was faster than I expected.

1/03/2021 3:51 am  #81

THE FUCKING LOCKDOWN.

SO SIMPLE EVEN A CHILD CAN UNDERSTAND.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/08/2021 3:12 am  #82

Cover your ass... I mean your toilet seat...

https://i.postimg.cc/kGSnLpzj/toiletseat.jpg

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/08/2021 11:25 am  #83

Nice.  Paper toilet seat covers are awful.

1/08/2021 12:06 pm  #84

Happy Monkey wrote:

Nice.  Paper toilet seat covers are awful.

These aren't much better. there was/is a truck stop some where in the northeast that had these on their toilets they were fun to watch but they were slippery and they sucked.

I Love my country, I fear the government.
Life is good

1/08/2021 6:57 pm  #85

According to the rules announced by Governor Inslee, I will be eligible to take the vaccine in March.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/08/2021 9:38 pm  #86

Happy Monkey wrote:

Paper toilet seat covers are awful.

No decent ass would touch liberally used paper.

1/09/2021 4:26 pm  #87

With a mutated variant of the virus laying waste to the NHS, and London in particular heading to breaking point, nearly 81,000 dead so far, and over 1000 dying daily...

They are a minority - but this variant is so much more contagious it doesn't take many small gatherings to ravage entire regions

1/09/2021 7:05 pm  #88

DanaC wrote:

They are a minority

They may be a minority.  But a minority that is massive.  That sliver only represents a large number of adults who are still children.  Who know only because they feel.  Who will ignore all facts to only entertain what their emotions instruct them.

For the same reason, a majority adamantly denied smoking kills.  Even when facts and science clearly said otherwise.  So many automatically knew vaccines caused autism.  Because a lying doctor and a bimbo, blond actress said so. She looks pretty.  So it must be true. Or that the election was stolen.  Because a man, who has lied everyday of his life and who enriches himself by constantly screwing others, said so.

They can be confronted by facts for hours everyday.  Will have those tantrums (just like a two year old) because such adults are incapable of logical thought.  Which means that cannot even understand this well proven concept from psychology.

Only way extremists can be educated is by so many friends who talk to their emotions.  Since a majority of friends, telling them what to believe, is the only way they will hear.

No way around this problem, that is created by massive media campaign, that promote lies.

Why do so many somehow know Listerine does something useful? No facts say so.  It is marketed to the emotional using soundbytes.  So it must be true.

1/09/2021 9:19 pm  #89

The Spanish flu circled the globe for 2 years. So take heart; we're halfway done.

1/09/2021 9:30 pm  #90

Always look at the bright side of life!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/09/2021 10:31 pm  #91

griff wrote:

Always look at the bright side of life!

I heartily agree!!

Now, with music and lyrics!

Be Just And Fear Not

1/10/2021 1:37 am  #92

This doctor posted...
"I am a physician in private practice in [redacted]. We have just been approved to order and administer the vaccine to tier-appropriate patients.
Medicare has approved a payment of 18$ for the first shot and 28$ for the second.
As far as we can determine we will not be allowed to bill for an office visit so that is the entire amount we will receive for registering the patients, screening then for covid outside of the office, taking their vital signs, taking a history to see if there are any contraindications to the vaccine, administering the vaccine, observing them in the clinic for a minimum of 15 minutes up to 30 minutes depending on their history, and recalling them in 28 days and going through most of the same procedure again, minus the registration and history.
There is also an extensive regime of recording and reporting all vaccination data daily to the state government. We had anticipated hiring someone to manage this new service due to the amount of new work that is required. At this rate we might be able to give 10 shots an hour in each of our 3 clinics if we see no other patients for illness, injury, or covid testing.
Do I need to say that we cannot possibly afford to do this for the reimbursement offered. The alternative is for patients to receive the vaccine in some state funded site or clinic. That may take a very long time to roll out."

The peanut gallery tore him a new asshole.  You're just greedy - 2 minutes to give a shot -  just write down their name, shot, done - profiteering pandemic, you make me sick - etc, etc, yada, yada.

These people can't grasp, or don't want to, how much paperwork and record keeping is involved, not to mention scheduling and getting people back for the second round. If they miss that 2nd appointment they can't just slide into the next available slot, there is no slots because the people coming through for the first are getting all the slots 3 or 4 weeks out.
Maybe they're anti-vaxers but more likely just stupid. No, that's not fair, just willfully uninformed. 

1/10/2021 12:38 pm  #93

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

This doctor posted...
"I am a physician in private practice in [redacted]. We have just been approved to order and administer the vaccine to tier-appropriate patients.
Medicare has approved a payment of 18$ for the first shot and 28$ for the second.
As far as we can determine we will not be allowed to bill for an office visit so that is the entire amount we will receive for registering the patients, screening then for covid outside of the office, taking their vital signs, taking a history to see if there are any contraindications to the vaccine, administering the vaccine, observing them in the clinic for a minimum of 15 minutes up to 30 minutes depending on their history, and recalling them in 28 days and going through most of the same procedure again, minus the registration and history.
There is also an extensive regime of recording and reporting all vaccination data daily to the state government. We had anticipated hiring someone to manage this new service due to the amount of new work that is required. At this rate we might be able to give 10 shots an hour in each of our 3 clinics if we see no other patients for illness, injury, or covid testing.
Do I need to say that we cannot possibly afford to do this for the reimbursement offered. The alternative is for patients to receive the vaccine in some state funded site or clinic. That may take a very long time to roll out."

The peanut gallery tore him a new asshole.  You're just greedy - 2 minutes to give a shot -  just write down their name, shot, done - profiteering pandemic, you make me sick - etc, etc, yada, yada.

These people can't grasp, or don't want to, how much paperwork and record keeping is involved, not to mention scheduling and getting people back for the second round. If they miss that 2nd appointment they can't just slide into the next available slot, there is no slots because the people coming through for the first are getting all the slots 3 or 4 weeks out.
Maybe they're anti-vaxers but more likely just stupid. No, that's not fair, just willfully uninformed

QFT.

This is what's happening.  The doctor's right, it's gonna take a ver long time to roll out this vaccine.

Be Just And Fear Not

Today 12:19 am  #94

The latest vaccine coming out is a single shot which cuts the paperwork big time.
Doing away with trying to herd cats in for a second shot at 21 or 28 days is a godsend.

Today 6:59 am  #95

The numbers are supposed to be decreasing locally but I'm seeing a lot more at work and in the community generally. My relatives got it but not from being careful. If they get my MiL sick I'll be pissed.

Today 7:32 am  #96

Moderna has a booster for the new variants...

Today 9:25 am  #97

Our neighbors a few houses away got it, and they are bewildered.  They have been pretty careful. 3 out of 5 tested positive, and now they are wearing masks in the house together. Hard to quarantine in the same house. 

My wife goes for walks 3 days a week with the mom, who tested negative, but now the two of them will wear masks, in addition to already walking on opposite sides of of the street from one another as they chat with their airpods on their cell phones.

Board footera