cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2021 7:45 am  #151

Re: The Covid

My second shot is Saturday.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/06/2021 9:10 am  #152

henry_quirk wrote:

Most who mebbe died with beer virus, not from beer virus.

Whatever it takes to let you ignore the figures, I guess.

Weaponized Funk

4/06/2021 9:00 pm  #153

Getting my Pfizer on, part the deux, Friday. I lucked out.

Hey! That's me up there!

4/06/2021 11:55 pm  #154

Got an email from the county saying there are open slots for anyone in 1a or 1b categories. All three vaccines are available and gave the location to book for your choice of juice.
In two weeks it will be open to any adult who wants it.

This was issued to prove the politicians claiming lockdown/social distancing is making the suicide rate skyrocket were lying. Pretty good indication that flu, pneumonia, and respiratory deaths weren't misapplied too.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/07/2021 7:55 am  #155

I'm surprised suicide went down.

4/07/2021 9:14 am  #156

glatt wrote:

I'm surprised suicide went down.

The way I understand it, the psychology of the last year is "everything is on hold".

Which seems to have overridden the majority of depressive people's "everything is nothing at all." 

Weaponized Funk

4/07/2021 7:40 pm  #157

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

Not ignorin': seein' 'em as they are, not as I'm told they are.

4/07/2021 11:35 pm  #158

What figures are not what they are shown?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/08/2021 10:01 am  #159

henry_quirk wrote:

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

No, that is a blatantly false statement.  You are  willfully distorting them for your agenda. 

Weaponized Funk

4/08/2021 1:41 pm  #160

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

Luce wrote:

No, that is a blatantly false statement.  You are  willfully distorting them for your agenda. 

Only liars in the mix are the ones you follow...  🐑

4/08/2021 8:19 pm  #161

s'alright hq.

Self care is important.  I, for one, love you for who you are.  I don't believe in the crap you post that is crap, but I think you're smart and eloquent, *despite* the fact that our political cornerstones are on different continents/planets.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/09/2021 6:45 am  #162

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

When a min-archist argues against governments roll in protecting Life, you're going to see some disconnects.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/09/2021 9:05 am  #163

griff wrote:

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

When a min-archist argues against governments roll in protecting Life, you're going to see some disconnects.

I don't actually make a distinction between minarchists and anarchists.

Weaponized Funk

4/09/2021 11:22 am  #164

griff wrote:

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

There's quite a bit of difference between the proxy who serves to redress violations of individual life, liberty, and property, and the government which actively interferes in individual life, liberty, and property, ostensibly to protect life, liberty, and property.

One sits quietly, doin' nuthin' till the complaint is made; the other oversteps, willy-nilly, bindin' up this one and that one becuz of what might happen.

One is, as I say, the insurance policy you hope to never use but are glad you have.

The other is the preemptive strike that never ends.

One exists solely to provide just redress; the other, laughingly, absurdly, looks to make the world safe by puttin' each and every one of us in well-appointed cages.

So, no, the disconnect isn't on my side.

-----

And, my apologies that the thread is hi-jacked but t'weren't me who hi-jacked it.

4/09/2021 11:23 am  #165

Luce wrote:

griff wrote:

Luce wrote:

I don't actually make a distinction between minarchists and anarchists.

Cuz, as I say, you're ignorant.

4/09/2021 12:02 pm  #166

henry_quirk wrote:

griff wrote:

Luce wrote:

There's quite a bit of difference between the proxy who serves to redress violations of individual life, liberty, and property, and the government which actively interferes in individual life, liberty, and property, ostensibly to protect life, liberty, and property.

One sits quietly, doin' nuthin' till the complaint is made; the other oversteps, willy-nilly, bindin' up this one and that one becuz of what might happen.

One is, as I say, the insurance policy you hope to never use but are glad you have.

The other is the preemptive strike that never ends.

One exists solely to provide just redress; the other, laughingly, absurdly, looks to make the world safe by puttin' each and every one of us in well-appointed cages.

So, no, the disconnect isn't on my side.

-----

And, my apologies that the thread is hi-jacked but t'weren't me who hi-jacked it.

1.  Humans are a cooperative species.  It is the only secret to our success (aside from being able to run all day long).  If you made your minarchist system today, it would snap right back to where it is now by the end of next week, simply because that is how humans operate.

2.  I don't consider this a hijack.  This anarchist babble is directly related to the Covid cases in the USA.

Weaponized Funk

4/09/2021 12:08 pm  #167

I hereby magically complain against maskless and unvaccinated people who are violating my right to life.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/09/2021 12:21 pm  #168

What Griff said.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/09/2021 2:47 pm  #169

Humans are a cooperative species.  It is the only secret to our success (aside from being able to run all day long).  If you made your minarchist system today, it would snap right back to where it is now by the end of next week, simply because that is how humans operate.

A minarchy encourages cooperation, you ignorant person, if simply becuz it offers nobody to
do the work of livin' your life for you.

I don't consider this a hijack.

Wasn't apologizin' to you, egoist.

4/09/2021 2:49 pm  #170

griff wrote:

I hereby magically complain against maskless and unvaccinated people who are violating my right to life.

Then take 'em to court, prove your case.

Innocent till proven guilty, bitches.

4/09/2021 2:51 pm  #171

henry_quirk wrote:

A minarchy encourages cooperation, you ignorant person, if simply becuz it offers nobody to

Encouraging doesn't cut it.  In a pandemic or other crisis situation, cooperation isn't voluntary.

Weaponized Funk

4/09/2021 2:52 pm  #172

henry_quirk wrote:

griff wrote:

Then take 'em to court, prove your case.

Innocent till proven guilty, bitches.

Here they just cite you for $350 and you can fight it in court.

Second offense, off to jail you go.

Weaponized Funk

4/09/2021 3:20 pm  #173

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

Encouraging doesn't cut it.  In a pandemic or other crisis situation, cooperation isn't voluntary.

In real crisis folks tend to work together to self-preserve and without the magic of an over-archin' government.

Come down to LA after a bad hurricane season and watch neighbors helpin' neighbors productively while the gov futzes.

-----

Here they just cite you for $350 and you can fight it in court.

Second offense, off to jail you go.

in other words: guilty till proven innocent.

Too stupid to see how beer virus is bein' used to slip that leash 'round your neck.

4/09/2021 3:25 pm  #174

henry_quirk wrote:

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

In real crisis folks tend to work together to self-preserve and without the magic of an over-archin' government.

Actually, what I saw was boogs in Michigan attempt to kidnap their governor for the high crime of establishing quarantine measures.

in other words: guilty till proven innocent.

Nope.  You still have the presumption of innocence, and can demand a trial, given that the fine is over $10.

Too stupid to see how beer virus is bein' used to slip that leash 'round your neck.

This needs more tinfoil.

Weaponized Funk

4/09/2021 3:46 pm  #175

Actually, what I saw was boogs in Michigan attempt to kidnap their governor for the high crime of establishing quarantine measures.

Don't know why you'd bring those creeps up...gotta divert and distract, I guess.

Nope.  You still have the presumption of innocence, and can demand a trial, given that the fine is over $10.

Nope. If there were a true presumption of innocence, the state would try the maskless from the start. They would be forced to prove the maskless had indeed endangered others. As it stands, the maskless is presumed guilty and must prove his innocence.

This needs more tinfoil.

Too stupid to breathe, you are.

Board footera